Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2-door (JK)

Added LED lights to the cargo area behind the rear seat by tapping into the dome light wires running to the roll bar dome light. I want them to operate just like the door activated courtesy lights. When the courtesy light switch (on the turn signal stalk) is in the correct position, the new LEDs work as intended by coming on when any door is open (along with the footwell and roll bar courtesy light) and turning off after a period of time. When the courtesy light switch is moved to manually turn on and off all courtesy lights, the new LED lights work as intended. However, I just noticed that when all doors are closed and the key is turned on (or engine is started), these new rear LEDs are coming on and staying on even though all other courtesy lights are off.

I'm first going to try tapping the other yellow wire that runs to the roll bar dome light, but just wanted to know if anyone else has done this mod and which wires you tapped.
Also, I don't see any door pin switches, so what activates the courtesy lights when any door is open? e.g. A magnetic switch inside each door?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the answer. There is a yellow wire and a yellow with green stripe wire running to the roll bar dome light. For what I wanted to do, you need the yellow wire, not the yellow with green stripe. All fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts