· Project Six Shooter V2 / ROUSH Prototype Tech
2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0 w/Select-trac
9,251 Posts
go with a drop in, a ported throttle body (80MM) and yes the cat-back

· Registered
Hemi GC Limited
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I go 80 or 85? Also, would I have to Tune it after adding that? Should I add a Catch Can too and if so would the stock air filter housing interfere? Curious as to why you would opt for the drop in. Thanks!

9,251 Posts
based on others experiences on the hemi, the stock airbox give better low end over a cai. the 5.7 likes the 80mm over the 85mm. I would go 85 if you have major mods internally, or running boost. 80mm for a mostly stock motor with bolt ons and tune

9,251 Posts
not sure on a catch can

· Registered
1,511 Posts
the 5.7 likes the 80mm over the 85mm. I would go 85 if you have major mods internally, or running boost. 80mm for a mostly stock motor with bolt ons and tune

Not the case if you go with a taper ported 85mm, as you get the best of both worlds. Unlike a straight bore 85, no tuning is needed for A/F, and I immediatley noticed better throttle response at all RPM. The modern Muscle 85 TB was the second mod I put on after catch can.

Catch Can is the first thing to get. Not only keeps the throttle body and intake from getting caked, the Hemi runs better. WIth the stock setup, when those unburnt hydrocarbons are fed back in to the intake through the PCV, the effective octane number is reduced, and the ECU pulls timing.

9,251 Posts
Not the case if you go with a taper ported 85mm, as you get the best of both worlds. Unlike a straight bore 85, no tuning is needed for A/F, and I immediatley noticed better throttle response at all RPM. The modern Muscle 85 TB was the second mod I put on after catch can.

Catch Can is the first thing to get. Not only keeps the throttle body and intake from getting caked, the Hemi runs better. WIth the stock setup, when those unburnt hydrocarbons are fed back in to the intake through the PCV, the effective octane number is reduced, and the ECU pulls timing.
I had forgotten a tapered bore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.