Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just came back from vacation and both my solutions for cell phone holders failed during the trip. The dash is a softer material and any stick on holder doesn't seem to want to stay attached to the dash. I put on two vent holders and they worked better, but had mixed results also. Then you have the problem with the phone blocking the air from the vent. It seems the most hard surfaces on the dash are at the wrong angle to attached a solution. Both my wife and I have had/have magnetic solutions but I'm struggling with a good solution for our 2020 JGC.

BTW..We are both not fond of having a holder mounted to the windshield.

If anyone has any good solutions, can you share them? Pictures would be great if all possible.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
I use these, like them very well, and recommend them highly:

Amazon.com: Mpow Magnetic Phone Car Mount, Powerful Magnetic Vent Phone Holder, Easy to Install and Remove Car Magnet Mount with 4 Metal Plates and Protective Films Compatible iPhone 11 Pro Max/XS/XR/8/7/6 Plus

Blocking the vent is simply not a problem. I mostly leave it closed, but when (rarely) I want some cold air out of it, I open it up. Electronics like to be cold, so no worries there.

I use one in our Outback too, and carry a spare in my bag for use in rentals.

p.s. I also really like these 18" USB cables. They're the perfect length to leave plugged in and coiled up (just one "coil") in the cubby, and to reach the phone in that holder without flopping around all over the place. And they're reliable, working very consistently with Android Auto, which is notoriously cable-finicky.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,138 Posts
I use the ProclipUSA the vent mount in center of the dash. I live in Arizona and the car cools down fine that I actually shut the vent off. I could run the vent open if I want as it doesn't completely block off the vent since it sits away from the vent. They also have a mount that sits to the right of the center console, but I don't want to be looking down if I'm using my google maps or messing with the music through BT.

I've used Proclip mounts for years on many different vehicles and they are one of the best!!

link below of the mounts available.

ProclipUSA

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Center console

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use the ProclipUSA the vent mount in center of the dash. I live in Arizona and the car cools down fine that I actually shut the vent off. I could run the vent open if I want as it doesn't completely block off the vent since it sits away from the vent. They also have a mount that sits to the right of the center console, but I don't want to be looking down if I'm using my google maps or messing with the music through BT.

I've used Proclip mounts for years on many different vehicles and they are one of the best!!

link below of the mounts available.

ProclipUSA

View attachment 227361

View attachment 227362
Thanks for the detailed info. This may be exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Administrator
11,786 Posts
There are multiple threads here from over the years that detail a number of options.

·
Registered
802 Posts
One more for Proclip. I've used their devices for years, the one in my current Grand Cherokee I'd taken out of my 2014. And what's nice about it with my iPhone 10s is that it's just high enough that the camera lens is slightly higher than the dashboard and allows me to use the iPhone as a dash cam.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have used the Proclip mount and it works fine. I am currently using the Scosche Magicmount Charge. It’s a magnet mount, and does wireless charging. It slides onto a vent fin so you do need to push it back on now and then. Off road or bad roads might shake it out. I’m currently thinking of moding the Scosche to attach to the Proclip mount.

·
Registered
2015 High Altitude Hemi 5.7
131 Posts
I was tired of blocking a vent using a magnetic mount so I got one of these doohickeys with no real idea where I would place it once I got it. I played around with a few spots and then stumbled on this one, under the rear view mirror. Not sure all Jeeps have this plastic piece?! My phone sits pretty much right above my connect screen. It's working out really well for me and hasn't budged one bit in the FL heat.
Technology Audio equipment Electronic device Font Microphone
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Auto part Trunk
Vehicle Car Silver

·
Registered
Latitude X
933 Posts
I've had this one on my dash for over a year now and it's only fallen off once.
Rinsed the suction cup and stuck it back on and no problems since.
I guess you could also flip it over and stick it to the lower windshield.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased this from Amazon for my 2019 JGC Limited and it fit perfectly. I like it because it will hold two cell phones, or a cell phone and face mask, or other small items and you can still use the drink holder. Maybe this will work for you.

Kelly

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been looking at something like this:

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
2,138 Posts
I have been looking at something like this:
Proclip is great quality and work great. I've ran them on a few vehicles.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Armor All cell phone holder is great and at a great price here.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've used the vent style holder for years but never really a fan....don't like the closed off vent and also always worried about the cold condensation I'd find on the back of the phone.
On my new GC I'm using the Torras cel phone holder with suction cup that clamps down to vacate and create a quality seal on the dash surface.
Very happy so far with it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I guess I'm wondering why anyone needs to see their cell phone screen while they're driving. If it is paired to their uConnect it will show who is calling on the radio screen. If you get a message, uConnect will read it to you if you press the Listen button. If I want to call anyone in my address book I just press the uConnect button and tell it to "Call (whoever)".

That's why I keep mine clipped to my belt holder or set it in one of the cup holders.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts