Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 JGC Trailhawk.

I have found a bunch of how-to's but they are all xx-2020. When I try to pull the bezel off like in the 2020s it seems it is attached to the radio face. I don't want to put anymore pressure on it and break something... I already did a dumb and put a 2in to the base scratch on the front of the hood... So don't want to piss the wife off anymore by breaking something else.

·
Registered
171 Posts
No the bezel is only held on with clips. I start on the bottom then work around the edge until it pops off.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
182 Posts
Trim tools and painters tape are your friend when removing interior and dash parts.

Reactions: Mongo53

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,462 Posts
Trim tools and painters tape are your friend when removing interior and dash parts.
Yep, you can find the trim tools, sets of plastic pry sticks with different curves on them at most auto stores for $5-$10. You use a flat head screwdriver to pry the panel off you'll leave ugly marks to enjoy the rest of the ownership of the vehicle.

The dash material around the bezel is soft, even the plastic pry stick can chew it up a bit, painters tape is with the few minutes before prying it off.

·
Registered
2019 WK2 Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
90 Posts
What about the cover under the knobs that covers the storage area? How does that come off? I've been wanting to wrap that and the console, since the silver color of mine blind me during certain times of the day when the sun's out.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
182 Posts
Yep, you can find the trim tools, sets of plastic pry sticks with different curves on them at most auto stores for $5-$10. You use a flat head screwdriver to pry the panel off you'll leave ugly marks to enjoy the rest of the ownership of the vehicle.

The dash material around the bezel is soft, even the plastic pry stick can chew it up a bit, painters tape is with the few minutes before prying it off.
Agreed. I think I bought mine off of eBay for about $10. Came with an array of both metal and plastic trim tool and a handy dandy carrying case.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
182 Posts
What about the cover under the knobs that covers the storage area? How does that come off? I've been wanting to wrap that and the console, since the silver color of mine blind me during certain times of the day when the sun's out.
Mine does the same thing when the sun comes through the sunroof at just the right angle...reflects off the thin strip of chrome trim at the bottom of the cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts