Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
Hawk has some. ..no experience. I have their hps street pads though snd they are awesome.

· Premium Member
1,591 Posts
There is a thread about this somewhere already.

I have them on my current car which has the same 6 piston Brembos up front. The Hawk Ceramic's are no noisier than OEM's. They perform about the same, with possibly a little less fade after repeated braking from speed.

The big plus is almost no dust compared to OEM's. That alone should be reason enough to buy them.

I've just ordered my SRT, so will definitely put Hawks on again.

· Registered
521 Posts
I have them on my 2014. Brake dust is almost non existent compared to stock. Braking is about the same. There is absolutely no noise from them what so ever. I installed the hawk PC pads. Bed them in correctly and you'll love them.

197 Posts
Great... any part number reference for Hawk Ceramic.

Wanna check the options as I do not wan to go to the SRT dealer here to get the pads. They will surely charge a premium price for the pads.

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
Theres a thread in the srt brakes forum with all hawk part numbersvfor the 12-14

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. I called Hawk yesterday and ordered 4 new pads. The guy on the phone told me that they did not have a specific part number for the 14's, but that the pads for the 13's should work fine. Once I have them installed I will let you know what I think.
Thanks
Zach

· Registered
1,169 Posts
Cheapest place I found the front and back pair combined, including any vendors on any car forums that offer them, was Amazon.

Reactions: Rizzuto

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
yep....got mine from amazon too. Plus if you select economy shipping its free

· Registered
41 Posts
I'm expecting my new SRT any day now, does anyone have a write up on changing the pads? I didnt see one in the How to area. I've done pads tons of times on other cars, is it basically the same procedure? With all the talk of brake dust, I'm sure I'll want to do the Hawk upgrade very soon!

· Registered
32 Posts
I 1000% regret going to the Hawk PC pads!!!! I had a 12 and hated the brake dust. So when I got my 14, I had the pads installed, rotors turned, beaded in properly, etc. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. I have had it redone at 3 brake shops to no avail. The noise goes away for a while, but comes back after about a week after bedding them in. The same noise at the same amount of speed/ brake pressure. Don't tell me, Hawk, three brake shops all installed them incorrectly. It IS the pads!! The worst thing is that I sold my oem pads after about a week of noise free driving. The day I shipped them, SQEEEEEEK. Hawk was no help, Maryland Speed was nice, but no help. I would gladly take the dust. I took a swing at the brake dust issue and whiffed! back to OEM pads. Lesson learned.

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
I have the hawk hps street pads[non ceramic]on the fronts and they are great. I learned my lesson with ceramics on the gen1 srt.

197 Posts
I'm expecting my new SRT any day now, does anyone have a write up on changing the pads? I didnt see one in the How to area. I've done pads tons of times on other cars, is it basically the same procedure? With all the talk of brake dust, I'm sure I'll want to do the Hawk upgrade very soon!
Summit Racing seems to have a pretty good deal on the brake pads... Planning to get from them when I get my Jeep.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.