Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Summit
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a catch can from CFT for my 14’ ED and am having issues installing it. The bracket is welded to the can, so it is not adjustable. The mounting point at the top/drivers side of the radiator places the catch can drain valve in a position where it is pushing against the coolant hose. Has anyone else had an issue installing the catch can?

I will say, I am impressed with the build quality and value for the money, just wish it bolted on without issues.

·
Registered
Summit
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill have pics tomorrow, its like the bracket needs to be about 3-4” longer or have an “s” shape in it that moves it upward a few inches.

·
Registered
Summit 4x4
90 Posts
So I picked up one of these catch cans. My bracket is ok, but I can't seem to figure out how to disconnect the existing hose. There is a different clamp at each end. The one towards the back of the engine is attached to a plastic box, which seems kind of flimsy and might break if you put much force on the hose. The end at the front of the engine has one of those plastic cages around it. Any tips on how to handle these clamps?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
same issue here - probably sent the Ram can instead. Didn't reply to my emails so I ended up fabbing a work around with a 90 degree elbow. PIA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts