Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the CFT Catch Can kit?
Looks interesting just wanted to know if anyone has used.

Also if installed how could it void warranty? Its just keeping oil vapor from the intake side. Wonder how FCA could say it caused the failure.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I run one. A dealer can say any aftermarket part voids a warranty, they're just jerks like that. Easy to return to stock for a dealer visit if you're worried.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Build quality is top notch, the owner of CFT is one helluva professional welder. Install couldn't be much easier.

Amount of oil it catches will vary by vehicle. I catch about an ounce every 2k mi or so.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Build quality is top notch, the owner of CFT is one helluva professional welder. Install couldn't be much easier.

Amount of oil it catches will vary by vehicle. I catch about an ounce every 2k mi or so.
Bounty Hunter,

Are you running a stock air intake or aftermarket? I ask because I wonder if the Can will fit with a different air intake housing. The CFT website product pics only show a stock air box with Catch Can installed, I run a aFe CAI....hmmmmm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got around to attempting the install of the catch can and ran into some issues. Main issue was attempting to get the supplied hoses 3/4 I.D. to fix on the sensor that is in the intake housing. I was unable to stretch/cut/expand the hose to fit. Wanted to know how others got around this. My plan was to go to NAPA and get new hoses and possibly an adapted the goes 3/4 to 7/8 for ease. IDK any advice can help. Granted I'm usually pretty mechanically inclined but working in parking garage and having to bring tools down from my linen closet on the sixth floor. Cannot wait to move and have a garage again. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
anyone have any feedback on this kit? did the install eventually get sorted? anyone have and CEL's after they installed. likely running this with a GDE tune after the payout. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts