Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to Jeep, just purchased a 2019 Jeep compass Altitude 2mos ago. I love the car but I will admit my old 2008 HHR will smoke this car in a pull off ( compass is a little slow to me lol) and my old car had better gas mileage. I did buy the car with 5kmiles on it, but I didn't mind bc I don't drive much, so the miles will even out over time. Driving the car home from the dealership the first night on E-way I notice it sound as if I left a crack in a window, i checked, NOPE! all windows are up. So I said well that must just be a jeep thing. Fast forward I opened back car door on driver side after it rained overnight and a puddle of water just fell out, I said to myself thats definitely not normal. No water on carpet, but it puzzled me, how did the water get there? So I finally start checking and BAM! huge cracks where the door meet, not on one door, but all 4 doors, plus the trunk hatch across the back the rubber is very flimsy, actually all over the car, and looks as if they ran out of rubber in certain places. Is this how jeep compass rubbers trims are? or did they not do a correct job on this vehicle? Should I correct the problem myself or take it back to jeep? I'm concerned bc water can rust out the doors over time, and damage other things. Pics below

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
117 Posts
I haven’t had the problem but this I know exactly where you are coming from. I purchased a 2019 Compass Trailhawk last month (July 2020), before this I had a 2012 Grand Cherokee. My impression is the Compass is a cheaper version of the Grand Cherokee. These are made in Mexico with cheap labor and maybe cheaper materials. At this moment I’m trying to track down an interior rattling sound that happens over rough surfaces.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.