Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Metal Gear
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figure i would post information on my costume set of chromoly upper control arms with spherical uni-ball and a grade 8 pin.
This was a must for my one off lift, i kept tearing my upper ball joins (8 to be exact) when i was experimenting with lifts.
I came across a guy with a heavy modded XK that had the same issue i had so he decided to have some custom built, first attempt was total chaos fabrication which rejected the project ( i think it's because they favor the yotas!) he came across HR engineering suspension which agreed to build a few, Getlost4x4.com was chossen to be the vendor.
So far i have wheeled with them and have had them for about a year or so and have held up to my abuse! here are a few pictures of the UCA's.

·
Metal Gear
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robpp, the ride is much better since everything is heavy duty, the pot holes feel like cracks on the road! LOL

Marlin, the first picture is the prototype vehicle, my WK is on the bottom.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice to know that they've held up well since I have yet to install mine, lol. Got them with the group buy but figured I'd wait until I got my lift to install everything. Should have my OME on by the end of the month. Wasn't sure what to do with tires. Since rims are beyond my current budget I was thinking of going with the Hankook MT's since I can stud them in the winter and the price is reasonable. Seems that everyone who uses them likes them, the only people who hate them are people who haven't used them.

·
Registered
2005 Grand Cherokee
5,111 Posts
Those are sexy. The stock ones look so weak.

·
Metal Gear
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to know that they've held up well since I have yet to install mine, lol. Got them with the group buy but figured I'd wait until I got my lift to install everything. Should have my OME on by the end of the month. Wasn't sure what to do with tires. Since rims are beyond my current budget I was thinking of going with the Hankook MT's since I can stud them in the winter and the price is reasonable. Seems that everyone who uses them likes them, the only people who hate them are people who haven't used them.
Another wheeler!!! :eek: there is life! LOL :p

·
Registered
298 Posts
Acid, I was f...ing around and got stuck in the snow. My drivers side UCA has a slight crack and I am taking chances driving. I was looking to upgrade and not just replace. When I go to getlost4x4.com I just seem to find a forum, where can I order these on the site and are they still being made?
Mike

·
Metal Gear
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Acid, I was f...ing around and got stuck in the snow. My drivers side UCA has a slight crack and I am taking chances driving. I was looking to upgrade and not just replace. When I go to getlost4x4.com I just seem to find a forum, where can I order these on the site and are they still being made?
Mike
There is one guy that has a set available but for the life of me i can't get him to sell them to a Navy guy on another forum! lol
I am waiting on a E-mail to get the builders to do a small run for those who are truly interested meaning money up front. you would be looking at $700 or so. I will update you with any info i get.

·
Metal Gear
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$700? bit steep for just uppers. im interested but we should talk them down.
I bet if we can get a few people for a group buy, we can get them cheaper.
I think i paid $595 shipped with the first group buy, paid a bit more for 2 day shipping.
There is a guy that i know of that has a brand new set if you can persuade into selling them to you, you will have new uca's.

·
Metal Gear
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are since BDS keeps the stock uca pinion. you will be fine, you only worry when you add parts to a lift like i did and stress the ball joint outside there safe working perimeter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.