Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I think your right front tire is about 3psi low. lol
:slapfight: It looks fine to me :lol:, I'll measure it after Im done having a heart attack with the quote Im going to get for repairs :sleepy:

· Registered
2004 Grand Cherokee
144 Posts
Chuck, which LEDs do you have in your parking lights? I was looking was newer ones and I have seen pics with yours that are bright as all hell. Also, did you install resistors to stop the hyper flash? If so, did you do it on just the 3157 bulbs or on the 194 ones on the outsides too?

Thanks.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Chuck, which LEDs do you have in your parking lights? I was looking was newer ones and I have seen pics with yours that are bright as all hell. Also, did you install resistors to stop the hyper flash? If so, did you do it on just the 3157 bulbs or on the 194 ones on the outsides too?

Thanks.
Hey Paul, I bought these V-LEDs sometime last year. I did infact use resistors solely for the 3157 bulbs (its required otherwise you will get hyperflashing):

http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fix/Turn-Signal-Fix/6-OHM-50W-2-BULB-LED-p4783296-1-2.html

The 194's didn't need resistors, I bought a spare pair thinking I would need them :eek:.

Bulbs I went with:

60 LED Dual Turn Signal if you want White for parking lights and Amber for signals
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/.../TYPE-2-DUAL-COLOR-CHANGING-p5846227-1-2.html

Bulb I most likely went with for the middle running light:
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/...e-LED/2-V-LEDS-WHITE-194-13-p6638587-1-2.html

Bulb for corner most bulb since I didn't want bright corners since they do blink (At night these are actually pretty powerful for a 5 LED bulb):

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/...te-LED/2-HID-6K-WHITE-SMT-5-p4481039-1-2.html

Im pretty sure they have since come out with bigger, better, and brighter LED bulbs. If you have the stock light housing these (or anything similar or better) would be perfect because the reflector smooths the light and it makes it look uniformed and soft, the projectors doesn't smooth out the light output but it looks crisp.

I'll be honest, look into the company autolumination for LEDs, some members here have noted that the V-LED's which advertise the bulb as a 60 LED bulb, is infact split into 30 white and 30 amber while autolumination dual turn signals I believe are 60 all around. Theres nothing wrong with V-LED at all, I love them and would recommend but Im just giving you the heads up from what I've heard. Definitly buy the resistor though. Let me know if you have any other questions. :thumbsup:

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Crap I just noticed you already have this mod, but anyway mine are the bulbs from last year before they went crazy with the 90/120 LED etc. :lol:

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yeah I do have this mod I just wanted to upgrade and get resistors which is why I asked. The bulbs i have now are horrible I think I paid about $30 for all of them combined lol
Oh def do the upgrade ifs its not autolumination or V-LED. I honestly love the light output. Frankly its not much of a concern considering I have HIDs so light isn't the problem :lol: but the signals are clearly visible. I'd look into the newer bulbs, they seem to have better light output than mine.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Just installed the Mopar Kicker door speakers in order to replace my stock infinity speakers (one was blown). Sound Clarity FTW. Didn't take photos of that process since I was rushing to finish before the brief downpour we had here. These were literally plug and play. Zero modification needed. Still have to install tweeters but its too hot out. From what I heard the mounting area needs to be altered and wires need to be cut. Anyway here are some recent photos of my Jeep (a bit cleaner), nothing from the exterior changed. These photos are not taken by me but by Fabian and Davy. One thing about these wheels depending on the angle they look light and other times it looks dark. I love it :thumbsup:

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
DUDE!,

your jeep is badass! those wheels look great on your black WJ.
what kind are they and what size?
Thank a lot! :thumbsup:

The wheels are Moda R6 powdercoated Anthracite. They are 18x9 and wrapped with 255/55-18. I've been told that they do not make the wheel anymore. Others have said that the wheel is under a different company and known as the Radius R6. There might be a set floating around on JU.

· Registered
2,243 Posts
Chucks truck=sexy

· Registered
463 Posts
I love your jeep Chuck. (That's why I'm secretly trying to copy it. :p)

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I love your jeep Chuck. (That's why I'm secretly trying to copy it. :p)
:D Thanks a lot......... I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!! :jump: You one upped me though by having a V8 :lol:

Chuck, did you install the Rear Mopar Kicker Speakers too? Are the Kicker speakers better than the Infinity ones? (This is all for a friend not me)
As of right now I did the Mopar Kicker door speakers (all 4 which are plug and play), I haven't gotten around to installing the tweeters since I don't have a dremel. I'll more than likely take a trip to Marios to get that taken care of as well as some wheel cleaning :D. I'll say this about the Kickers they are much clearer than the infinity. In terms of looks, the kickers take the cake. I would say initially the infinity's are louder but not clean in higher volumes, thats where I feel the Kicker wins. Personally Im happy with the purchase, no need for the Alpines I originally planned. All I want is a a nice sub and Im done...............with the major mods :lol: I'd probably look into interior LEDs later down the road.

chuck nice truck
:D Thanks

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Thought I saw your jeep parked on metro last week either way it looked sexy as hell...
Yeah it might have been me :lol:. And I forgot photos of the stealthbox lol. I haven't washed my Jeep in months, I think Im due.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.