Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Well some may already know but I actually traded in the Jeep on April 2, 2012. To be honest I didn't want to get rid of it but I was driving a lot more and my Jeep inhaled gas like it was going out of style (it also had some other issues). Removed the wheels which will be on sale shortly. I left the stealthbox, headunit, door speakers, and tinted tails in there. I'll be making a thread explaining more and showing photos of the new ride.

· Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,612 Posts
CHARLIE!!! long time brotha!

sad to hear the jeep is gone but have to move on to bigger and better things right? :)

looking forward to the new ride! If i have to guess....Charger?

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Well I thought about making the thread a while back but I ended up not doing that, so I'll just explain it here. At around March, my Jeep was running okay but I started to drive a lot more. It was costing me quite a lot to fill up. In fact my current car payment is lower than the amount I paid to gas up the Jeep per month. Anyway, at one point my Jeep's ABS light illuminated and I even had a engine code pop up. So I decided to look for a different vehicle. I was looking for something much more economical for the time being since I was averaging 10-11 mpg in the Jeep. I did quite a bit of looking around and looked at Toyota, Hondas, Audi, BMWs, etc. I ended up narrowing it down to an certified pre owned Audi A4 and BMW 335. After some more shopping around I ended up finding a loaded 2009 Audi A4 that I really wanted but the dealer clearly wasn't motivated to sell the car (kept changing values for a trade in). At this point my father wanted me to check out the Ford dealership so I decided to do that. I ended up looking into the Ford Fusion they had on the floor (base model). I had rented one similar to this when I was in Texas and loved it. The salesperson ended up telling me that they had a couple of loaded Fusions coming (a red one and black hybrid). I ended up test driving the hybrid and fell in love with it. So on April 1, 2012 I negotiated trading in my Jeep (without the rims) the very next day. I ended up with a pretty good deal on the 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Funny story, right before I arrived at the dealer to trade my Jeep in, a code popped up again. I had to rush to reset it. But I've been extremely happy with the Fusion, theres so much bells and whistles in the Fusion that my WJ lacked, I feel a bit spoiled. Anyway I will say part of me wants to tint the windows and tails and throw on a nice set of wheels on the Fusion but I have to resist. Im pretty sure my Jeep is still for sale if anyone is wondering, its loaded with some nice mods. Other than that, I hope all is well with everybody.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.