Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
High Altitude
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of doing the bottom half of my front doors as well as the rear sides of the rear bumper to protect the paint from road grime. my question is can you wax/ polish over the film? what will it look like? just as glossy as paint??

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
9 Posts
I had SunTek paint protection film applied to the whole front end (front, hood, fenders), mirrors, rocker panels. From the front doors on back I had Feynlab Ceramic coating applied to everything else. The result is an almost permanent shine as if just polished and waxed. Most of the time all it needs is dusted off. If it gets mildly dirty a no rise wash/detailer is all that's needed to clean it. If it's really dirty a regular hand wash and dry is quick and easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had LLumar on previous vehicles which were black, and didn't get it done on my GC because it's white...although I should have as the part of the hood nearest the front end is fairly perpendicular to the road making it a prime target for rocks.

Regarding care, you don't need to wax or polish the film and the paint stays fresh beneath. All you need is isopropyl alcohol to clean it. Super easy to clean and is self healing.

Also recommend clearing your headlights as these days the headlights aren't glass, but plastic and particularly vulnerable to chips, scratches, and hazing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts