Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone please help me out! So I’ve recently noticed a clunking noise on acceleration on my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011. It started out just as a clunk that I could feel in the gas pedal as I was accelerating from a slow speed but now it is something you can also hear inside the car and also with the windows down. It’s just a clunk that will last maybe 5 seconds or until you get up to a higher speed. I’m under warranty still but want to see if anyone has ideas what it could be before I bring it to the dealer for a fix

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
What motor and 4 x 4 ? Bad Front diff mount bushings will cause that. PITA to replace, done 2 sets on mine.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
5.7 4x4, I bet front diff mount bushings are bad. Dealer did my first set under warrantee, 2nd set was done by another shop, and the labor charge is costly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so now I just got new tires and haven’t noticed the noise anymore. But now my car just feels off it feels a little out of control to steer on Highway speeds, almost like it just pulls in different ways and it is also bumpy. I’ve noticed some lag when accelerating also occasionally. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
How many miles on the OD ? Lag is typically need of maintenance, a gunked up throttle body is a common cause, and guaranteed to happen with the 5.7, which degrades performance unless you install a catch can. Clunking doesn't have anything to do with tires though, and the rough and wandering could be from the choice of new tires, or needing an alignment.....since it is under warranty, have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone please help me out! So I’ve recently noticed a clunking noise on acceleration on my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011. It started out just as a clunk that I could feel in the gas pedal as I was accelerating from a slow speed but now it is something you can also hear inside the car and also with the windows down. It’s just a clunk that will last maybe 5 seconds or until you get up to a higher speed. I’m under warranty still but want to see if anyone has ideas what it could be before I bring it to the dealer for a fix
Sounds like motor mounts to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.