Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My '05 3.7 JGC had a weird problem today. I drove with my wife to get some lunch and on the way, A/C was ice cold coming from all vents.

After stopping for lunch, we get back in the Jeep and only the driver's side front vents are blowing cold - the passenger vents are blowing warm.

The system is not a dual-control climate system, just the simple Laredo setup.

Any ideas are appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
This has been happening to my 05 3.7L Wk for 5-6 days now... I'm going to try and take a look at the air ports in the dash for any buildup of dust or anything else. If anyone could help solve this problem, Quarterwave and I would appreciate it thanks...

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Summit
987 Posts
Blend doors are broken its an expensive repair, you have to remove dash.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was going to chime in saying that the vent that sucks in warm engine air is stuck or broke.. at least that seems the most logical cause.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In canis' thread about warm air from passenger and rear and cold from driver, he said that the wk was simply low on refrigerant... Should I just go buy dome refrigerant, before I investigate the broken blend doors..?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I added a can of refrigerant and still nothing...i called around to different dealerships and they said it would actually be cheaper to bring it in, then to just by a blend door from them and it be the wrong one... But now all of a sudden, the WK is blowing cold air all around... This WK just confuses and amazes me everyday...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts