Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 WK2 Altitude
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completely Useless Black WK2 Low Profile Roof Side Rails Part:68088702AC & 68088703AC

Asking Price $80 OBO. Shipped. Paypal or Square's Cash App preferred.

Get 'em while they're still here! Just as non-functional off your Jeep as they will be on!

Completely non-functional black glamor rails for the 2011-2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I thought I had a roof rack rail system on my new Jeep. Nope! Ha! That was a good one Jeep! You got me! Hilarious.

(I know, I know. I can't blame Jeep- I bought it and didn't think to check this out first.)

So I bought functional rack rails.

These for sale are the ones I removed. As noted above, just for looks. Here's an example image (not actual item) of what they look like on the vehicle:

They are about two weeks old and came off a new 2018 WK2 Grand Cherokee Altitude edition. If you like the look and don't need a rack, get these!

These are just the low profile side rails, with plastic washers that attach to the underside of the rails included. No mounting hardware included.

Here's the description from Just for Jeeps where they are listed for $112.58 before the forum discount:
Get a sleek, wind-cheating look with these black, low-profile roof side rails from Mopar. These are the same low-profile rails that come on some Laredo and SRT8 models of the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Some modifications may be necessary to fit them on Grand Cherokee models that came with the standard side rails. The low-profile rails cannot be used to mount cross rails and sport utility bars. These roof rails are sold in pairs.

Here's

Cross Rails and Sport Utility Bars can NOT be mounted to these side rails.

***Not a direct replacement for the functional chrome or neutral grey side rails found on some models and will require additional modifications during the installation process to sit flush on the roof.***

Mopar Item # 68088702AC - Right

Mopar Item # 68088703AC - Left

I'm new to the forum, so happy to field any questions or concerns in advance of your purchasing. My eBay ID is tlite1 if you want to see my ratings there.

Photos below are of the actual item.

Attachments

·
Registered
‘17 GC Altitude WK2
7 Posts
Re: Completely Useless Black WK2 Low Profile Roof Side Rails Part:68088702AC & 680887

What did you replace them with? I have the same useless plastic on my roof and am looking at different options.

·
Registered
2018 WK2 Altitude
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Completely Useless Black WK2 Low Profile Roof Side Rails Part:68088702AC & 680887

Sold

·
Registered
2018 WK2 Altitude
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Will these eliminate the ones I have on my 15 roof? I want to eliminate the chrome on mine.I am not sure cross racks would go on the ones on my Jeep.
Sold these, but these rails were just cosmetic, non-functional. I replaced mine with these:
https://www.justforjeeps.com/68311296aa-68311297aa.html

They look great, work well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.