Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I am trying to fix my parking assistance system and removed the front bumper of my 2006 crd wk to take the broken parking sensor out in order to buy a new one.
While doing so I noticed a wire with a plug / connector at the end connected to a cap, meaning it is not being used.

Does anyone know what that connector/ wire is for?

Thanks
Hand Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Tire

Hand Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Finger

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi. Thanks moparado.
I followed it goes towards driver side and then inside towards car under oder parts which doesn't allow me to see anymore.

If it's for optional thing then should be fine. Mine has fog lamps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Btw. Is this ambient air temperature engine related or is used to show the outside temperature in the dashboard?

Cause I've noticed recently that the outside temperature in the dashboard gets "stuck" quite often. Taking up to 15 min to update. Is there a fix for that?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys!

@moparado i see your point. I mean we can not expect real time data for minor changes.

Is that with me it happens that i leave in the morning and its 9 Celsius then i ride for 10 min. Park for other 30min then ride again for another 10min and the day already warmed up for 12 Celsius lets say and i still get the same 9 on the dashboard after one hour almost of constant temperature rise.

But after some time it's updated, meaning it's working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts