Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few have chimed in on other threads suggesting folks add these to the list of tires they are considering. I wanted to start a thread specific to these tires.
How do you like them?
Any long term results?
Road noise?
Thank you
Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got these tires a few months ago. I've only put about 1,500 miles on them but so far they've been great. No issues in the snow and they are quiet on the highway.

Way better than the Goodyear Forteras they replaced. I'd give my recommendation for them for sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am by no means a tire expert (or any other kind of expert), but I've had mine since Sept and put quite a miles on them (maybe close to 10,000?) and i love them. I got them for a real good deal from Walmart and had them installed a local tire shop. Almost half the price of the popular Michielins. we got almost 2 ft of snow last night and plowed right through no problem. Also comfortable on the highway. As far as road noise, I have my music so loud that I usually can't hear anything outside the cabin regardless of what tires are on :).

·
Registered
2012 JGC
260 Posts
I have about 23,000 miles on the SRX and have been very pleased.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,462 Posts
I just got a 2011 70th Anniversary Edition, that came with 20" wheels and the OEM Goodyear Fortella's near the end of their life. Tire Size 265/50-20.

With the 265mm width and 50% profile, I did notice the ride was a bit rough and the handling/steering response/cornering better than you'd expect from a JGC with the OEM Goodyear Fortellas. More than the 245/65-17 I had on my 2010 Commander that I just wrecked, both the OEM Fortellas and BFG Rugged Terrain T/A.

I bought out of state (since Maryland screws up their used car market so bad) and brought it back to Maryland to get its only inspection, which two of the tires had sidewall damage, so I got a new set.

Cooper Tire Discoverer A/T3's. On/Off road tire. Great right ups for the off road traction, snow/ice. Looking at the tread pattern I can see how they would be good in those conditions. I also noticed the tread compound is so sticky it picks up dirt off the road, which does't bode well for the tire life, although its got a 50k mile garauntee.

Keep in mind, the sports car tire profile for my special edition JGC makes it difficult to judge the tire.

I'd say the same in Comfort aspects as the OEM Fortellas. A touch more noise, especially if I encounter some surfaces (but the Fortellas seem to be doing the same) so it may be the 50% I'm really complaining about when I go over some rough road surface and get more vibration and noise than I should for a good tire.

Traction much better than OEM, steering response/handling/cornering just as good as OEM if not better, haven't had a chance to go off-road or snow/ice, but just looking at the tire you can tell it will be much better than OEM and all the reviews bear that out as well.

Oh, its expensive, if you don't bargain shop online, probably twice as much as the SRX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts