Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Ebay has( copper brakelines) for 16-20 bucks! are they safe to use, if it does not say D.O.T approved/ Meet S.A.E. standards?? is that just a marketing ploy??
Thinking about purchasing

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,175 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used this before with great results:

Hey Todd I ask about the copper lines for 20 bucks because apparently a friend bought them for me. and it says nothing about SAE standards. Have you heard of those being any good?? thanks for the reply, I really appreciate you taking out the time to.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,175 Posts
I have experience with the flexible line I linked and recommended. I wouldn't recommend going cheap on your brakes.

·
Registered
Rubicon
76 Posts
I see that Ebay has( copper brakelines) for 16-20 bucks! are they safe to use, if it does not say D.O.T approved/ Meet S.A.E. standards?? is that just a marketing ploy??
Thinking about purchasing
I would seriously caution buying parts from eBay unless you absolutely know where they are coming from, meaning USA or overseas. I got burnt on a lot of parts I ordered while rebuilding a 2003 Buick Regal for my Step-Son. I try to stick with reputable place now, like Rock Auto, Jegs, or Summit Racing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, I managed to make my own brake line and a perfect flare. with the inline flare tool.
thanks for the reply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts