Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some led replacements for my fogs...can anyone tell me the proper way to get to em...I went in from the front fender plastic molding but I feel like those plastic rivets weren't supposed to come out after I fought w. Them for an hour. :mad: thanks

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,005 Posts
The rivets are one use. You ll need new rivets

·
Registered
Latitude X
933 Posts
I just laid on the floor and took out one bolt on each corner and a couple of the removable plastic rivets (one or two on each side) and then pulled the plastic panel back towards the sway bar and held it in place with a rubber bungee wrapped around the sway bar while I worked.

I retro-fitted PIAA 530 LED fog lights.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I took the tire off, secured vehicle with a tower/stand, removed 1 bottom clip (the big one that you turn and pull) and 1 bolt that hold the fabric cover in place (at the bottom), folded the fabric back and held open with the rotor. The bulb comes out by pressing on the two outer tabs. I have big tires, you might not need to take the tire off.

·
Registered
Latitude X
933 Posts
I took the tire off, secured vehicle with a tower/stand, removed 1 bottom clip (the big one that you turn and pull) and 1 bolt that hold the fabric cover in place (at the bottom), folded the fabric back and held open with the rotor. The bulb comes out by pressing on the two outer tabs. I have big tires, you might not need to take the tire off.
That's it!
They weren't rivets.
They are large 'turn buttons', about 1.25 inches in diameter.
Give 'em a quarter turn and they pop right out.
I believe there are 5 total across the bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.