Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2018 wk2 Sterling Ed
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed a Corsa exhaust, P/N 14991, on my V8 WK2. I have modded most of the vehicles I have previously owned, with the stock exhaust being one of the first things to go, so I have experience with "loud" cars.
I chose to go with Corsa because many people reported it as being fairly quiet as far as aftermarket systems go, and also because my previous truck had a Corsa exhaust that I was very happy with.
To my surprise the Corsa on the wk2 absolutely roars. Don't get me wrong, the sound is pleasant, it has all the right rasps and "burps" during upshifts, but it's just way too loud. I was picking up my girlfriend today and she told me that she could hear me from 3 blocks away.
Anyone else have a similar experience with the Corsa exhaust? Most motorcycle exhausts have silencer, is there a similar thing for a Corsa exhaust?

·
Registered
Trailhawk
147 Posts
https://www.carchemistry.com/2-disk-insert-2-1-2-diameter/

I installed these...more accurately my muffler shop did for 20 bucks. They tamped down the exhaust to a pleasant note while cruising and a nice roar while stepping on it. I thought the Corsa was too loud at first too. After adding these it was a pleasure. I almost pulled the Corsa before adding these.

Reactions: peterchang

·
Registered
2018 wk2 Sterling Ed
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
https://www.carchemistry.com/2-disk-insert-2-1-2-diameter/

I installed these...more accurately my muffler shop did for 20 bucks. They tamped down the exhaust to a pleasant note while cruising and a nice roar while stepping on it. I thought the Corsa was too loud at first too. After adding these it was a pleasure but. I almost pulled the Corsa before adding these.
Dude, this is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 wk2 Sterling Ed
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Fury3, are you sure about the 2.5" dia inserts? Corsa says their pipes are 3" straight through. I can measure I guess, but am too lazy to undo the c clamps all over again. Also, do you know how they get secured inside the exhaust pipe? Is it a press fit, or are you supposed to weld them in?

·
Registered
Trailhawk
147 Posts
@Fury3, are you sure about the 2.5" dia inserts? Corsa says their pipes are 3" straight through. I can measure I guess, but am too lazy to undo the c clamps all over again. Also, do you know how they get secured inside the exhaust pipe? Is it a press fit, or are you supposed to weld them in?
I've got the Corsa #14991BLK cat back. The inserts go into the pipe right after the X pipe. They're pressed fit. With about 4 thousand miles on mine so far, no rattles or noise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have recently installed a Corsa exhaust, P/N 14991, on my V8 WK2. I have modded most of the vehicles I have previously owned, with the stock exhaust being one of the first things to go, so I have experience with "loud" cars.
I chose to go with Corsa because many people reported it as being fairly quiet as far as aftermarket systems go, and also because my previous truck had a Corsa exhaust that I was very happy with.
To my surprise the Corsa on the wk2 absolutely roars. Don't get me wrong, the sound is pleasant, it has all the right rasps and "burps" during upshifts, but it's just way too loud. I was picking up my girlfriend today and she told me that she could hear me from 3 blocks away.
Anyone else have a similar experience with the Corsa exhaust? Most motorcycle exhausts have silencer, is there a similar thing for a Corsa exhaust?
Hahaha yeah the 5.7 hemi is a loud one for sure. I just cut the suitcase out, replaced it with dual 5in dual chamber round mufflers, and badlandz cutouts. LOVE it because open is beast mode loud but closed it is same as stock. 20180322_203409.jpg 20180322_204512.jpg 20180322_205840.jpg

·
Registered
75th Anniversary
955 Posts
Nice, I did run the car for a bit after I removed the stock exhaust. It sounded pretty good, although I do think it sounds better with a Corsa, it adds a bit more rasp to the sound if that makes any sense.
So basically you are saying, IT'S WORTH IT?!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice, I did run the car for a bit after I removed the stock exhaust. It sounded pretty good, although I do think it sounds better with a Corsa, it adds a bit more rasp to the sound if that makes any sense.
Yeah when I close the valves the stock resonators actually sound REALLY nice with these two mufflers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh any drone when cruising?
Not closed but of course open. I will usually close them before getting on the highway and open them in town. The stupid cylinder deactivation rumbles the entire car with them open haha. For those wondering, the mufflers I used were these: 2.5" in/out full boar 5" cylindrical. Only smallish two chamber I could find because I wanted to keep drone free on highway. They not only improved the closed sound but actually deliver stock internal noise levels

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Posts
Hi! I just had my Corsa installed yesterday. I called them and they didn't have any suggestions on how to dampen the sound.

Question on these inserts: Are they easily installed/removed? i.e. if I install them and don't like them, did I just destroy the Corsa exhaust? I assume no, but figured I'd ask!

Thanks

·
Registered
Trailhawk
147 Posts
Hi! I just had my Corsa installed yesterday. I called them and they didn't have any suggestions on how to dampen the sound.

Question on these inserts: Are they easily installed/removed? i.e. if I install them and don't like them, did I just destroy the Corsa exhaust? I assume no, but figured I'd ask!

Thanks
Very easy install and they are removable. Nothing is destroyed.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Posts
so I thought my Corsa was too loud. I had my trunk insulated and now it's much better. The guys who did it said the trunk was hallow. You don't need to mess with the exhaust - its a great exhaust. You just need to stop it from coming through the floor. You want the sound waves to lengthen and come around and into your windows.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts