Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m considering upgrading my 14 v6 limited to a 14 v8 overland. I found one at the dealer I bought my limited for a decent price in maximum steel. I love the vehicle except for it has a dent in the back door on the passenger side that is right on the crease. I’d like to negotiate in to the purchase price the cost for me to have the dent repaired. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Find some local paintless dent removal (PDR) guys and send them the photo. They should be able to give you a ballpark estimate based on the photo.

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
227 Posts
My brand new Jeep was caught in massive hail storm several years ago, paintless dent repair guys were amazing plus hood replaced damage was so bad, over $7k to fix (insur paid).

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,628 Posts
My brand new Jeep was caught in massive hail storm several years ago, paintless dent repair guys were amazing plus hood replaced damage was so bad, over $7k to fix (insur paid).
Ask the dealer if you can take the car for long enough to get one or two quotes.
They may even recommend the body shop they use if they don't do their own.

Very likely they know exactly what it will cost, so it may be worth a bit of hand wringing about the inconvenience factor in addition to the modest cost of the actual repair. Rental car, time from work, not being able to hit Starbucks, etc. etc.

·
Registered
JGC Overland
2,772 Posts
I can't understand why the dealer wouldn't have the PDR dude swing by and do it when having a quiet day. It's hardly a low end bunker they're selling.

I don't know what is the usual thing in the US. Dealer cars rarely have any body damage here... unless you are at Dodgy Dave's Drive-away Deals or similar

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Just keep in mind PDR is not magic. I had a dent fixed using PDR but the paint later cracked and I had to have it fixed again in the regular body shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts