Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I have Bob. :D

I hope they love it as much as we love ours. Except when I have to fill up at our local village servo. (that's Aust talk for service station).

Every man and his dog fills up their tractors/boats/jerry cans/old trucks etc there and the pump handle is so oily because well... you know... men aren't the most careful of creatures are they? They provide gloves for me so I don't end up stinking of 'eu de diesel' :D

Different story of course at a normal servo like a BP or Shell.

Anyway, I'm sure the US punters will love it. Fuel economy is exceptional (especially compared to our Hemi - She likes a bit of a drink as they say) :)

ETA: Bob, I've just realised you're in Sydney. Of course you know what a servo is. It's late in the day - sorry. (clearly I need a wine... Shall remedy that. :) )

·
Registered
grand cherokee MY13
748 Posts

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Bob. :D

I hope they love it as much as we love ours. Except when I have to fill up at our local village servo. (that's Aust talk for service station).

Every man and his dog fills up their tractors/boats/jerry cans/old trucks etc there and the pump handle is so oily because well... you know... men aren't the most careful of creatures are they? They provide gloves for me so I don't end up stinking of 'eu de diesel' :D

Different story of course at a normal servo like a BP or Shell.

Anyway, I'm sure the US punters will love it. Fuel economy is exceptional (especially compared to our Hemi - She likes a bit of a drink as they say) :)

ETA: Bob, I've just realised you're in Sydney. Of course you know what a servo is. It's late in the day - sorry. (clearly I need a wine... Shall remedy that. :) )
No probs!

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That 10% build rate will clime fast once the Yanks realize just how good he crd is
Better then the V8
I agree. 10% is a big punt on Chysler's part anyway. According to Forbes, current diesel ownership in the US is only 3% but rising fast. Frankly I'm looking forward to all the "go faster" bits the Yanks are so good at making.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I agree. 10% is a big punt on Chysler's part anyway. According to Forbes, current diesel ownership in the US is only 3% but rising fast. Frankly I'm looking forward to all the "go faster" bits the Yanks are so good at making.
Have a look at the CRD tuning thread. The std CRD can be tuned to 220kw and 700nm for about $1000. A few options, I think one is in NSW.

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.