Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GC Limited
346 Posts
Well, personally I am used to a one touch system. At least the last 5 cars i have owned I could just hit set and let go of the throttle. So now every time I do that the car slows down before I catch it, speed back up, then hit 2 buttons. It's a PITA and unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Variety is the spice of life my friend :rolleyes:

·
Registered
WK2 Overland
211 Posts
VW / Audi has a switch that goes between on and off and you press a different switch to 'set' - so when you get in and drive 'set' is a one press deal as long as you left the switch on. Most recent VW was a 2010 GTI.

Honda / Acura has a on/off button that retains it's position so again once you hit the 'set' button you are good to go with one press. Most recent was a 2008 Ridgeline.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is with liability - if your car accelerates because you didn't know the cruise was on, then hit the brake pedal. I find it extremely annoying that when running errands I have to keep turning the cruise control and heated seats back on after every 2 minute stop. I wish it would 'remember' at least for a short while.
I could see if you were jumping in and out of the vehicle every 2 minutes, yes, it could be a big deal, but....

I got used to it. Same way as this interlock thing.
I remember when you didn't have to push the brake to start the vehicle,
didn't have to push the brake to switch gears.
I got used to both of those annoyances soon enough.

What I never got used to is the darn seatbelt reminder chime.
I like how Chrysler and Jeep let you turn it off, so only the light stays lit.
When tooting around my own property and/or jumping in and out of the vehicle to load a trailer etc, I don't need a seatbelt, and those chimes drive me crazy.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
having the same problem. to date no fix, Jeep Australia yet to decide how to fix it.
All they need to do is replace the switch...

·
Boopity boop sha boop!
456 Posts
Any updates? My '05 Limited is doing the same. Ive read around its a switch, but no one is specific, a switch could be anything. Is it the actual button on the steering wheel that craps out or some sort of relay/etc?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, I don't know about your 05, its a completely different vehicle than a WK2. On my WK2 it was as I said, the specific steering wheel switch...

·
Registered
2005 WK Limited
2 Posts
My 2005 WK has the same issue. The cuise indicator goes on but I can't set the speed. After a while the cruise indicalor goes off. It all started after changing the front shock absorbers. I have read in other forums that it could be an aligment problem. I´ll have it align tomorrow and I'll let you guys now.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Different issue. My cruise indicator wouldn't even come on most times, when it did it would set and operate normally.

This is a faulty switch on the steering wheel covered by warranty on the WK2, not really anything applicable to your 2005. Already solved for me and others.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had the same issue and have it on my list for the next trip to the dealer... Will update once solved. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just an update, my Jeep has started exhibiting the issue with the cruise control failing to function again. Just got back from a 800 mile round trip and had issues the whole time, once the cruise even cut out and shut off while traveling at 75 MPH and would not turn back on until the vehicle was stopped and restarted.

I'll put it back in the shop next week and update you all. Have quite the list of little issues for the dealer to address.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Saab is/was GM so can lock CC on or off. With ignition it comes on "on/disabled", have to press "SET" button for it to start working. Just one button. Makes much more sense than having to guess since steering wheel button is a toggle. Set/Resume/Cancel is all that is needed, on/off should be down on console buttons with an indicator light.

Same-Same a/c recirc. HVAC should remember the last position. Need all summer in Florida.

Haven't had any issue with CC on/off, just when set for 45 and I hit resume at 30 it is liable to go past 50 then slow down. Had in dealer twice now.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
No adaptive cruise, mine is a Laredo X.

Its also not an issue of the way the switch is designed, the system cut out and disengaged and doesn't turn itself back on. I've had lots of cars that require the system to be turned on every time to be able to set the speed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Damn, the cruise control on my 2012 began failing to turn on a week ago. The first time it happened was after the Quadra-Lift button got stuck in the depressed position and the "Service Air Suspension" light came on for about two seconds. It might have been just a coincidence; I know there's a difference between correlation and causation. In any case, I'm not liking that the Chrysler switchgear is starting to fail.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Mines going in Monday...keep y'all posted

21 - 40 of 49 Posts