Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Jeep GC Altitude
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from chilly Wisconsin!

This week I traded my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4 for a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4 and I love it! I chose the Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Coat. Per the window sticker comparison it's looking like I will be losing approximately 3 mpg which I can totally live with.

Curious however to what everyone receives on an average for mpg?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
9,938 Posts
There are tons of threads about fuel economy here...check them out!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wife hardly drives ours and let's it idle alot and it shows 17.9 to 18.0 on the lie-o-meter. Haven't driven it enough to actually get real numbers. On a small trip (200 miles) we got 21.4 mpg (hand calculated). That was 55 to 65 mph. And during colder winter months. She just doesn't drive it enough to get it higher lol. Only put 300 miles on it lol.

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,555 Posts
There are a ton of threads about this....

However, my V8 is getting 13-14mpg city/23-24 Highway

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wife hardly drives ours and let's it idle alot and it shows 17.9 to 18.0 on the lie-o-meter. Haven't driven it enough to actually get real numbers. On a small trip (200 miles) we got 21.4 mpg (hand calculated). That was 55 to 65 mph. And during colder winter months. She just doesn't drive it enough to get it higher lol. Only put 300 miles on it lol.
“Lie-o-meter” - perfect name for it! It’s always a little optimistic by about 1-2 mpg’s. Hand calculation is the way to go!

·
Registered
2017 Jeep GC Limited
50 Posts
My GC v6 is not that far off. Recently checked mileage by hand three times on a 380 mile trip I drive regularly. First time the car was 2 tenths optimistic, second time 3 tenths high than by hand. Last evening the hand calc. was a couple tenths higher than the car indicated.

Sorry OP don't have any info for you on the mileage for the Hemi. I did start a thread here not long ago asking about Hemi mileage and received quite a few good responses. Go here http://jeepgarage.org/f73/looking-for-milage-info-from-gc-hemi-owners-187882.html

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
+1 my onboard is always spot on too. Even TFL mileage tests are closest with FCA vehicles, usually within a tenth or two. My lifetime average is 22.5MPG with the V6, over 35,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
9,938 Posts
As I've noted previously, the EVIC is relatively accurate on my JGC based on comparisons with actual math problems over the 6 years I've owned it. Many are not, however.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
2018 Trailhawk V6. 5,600 miles and i'm averaging 18.8 mpg using the fuelly app.
When you first got your trailhawk were you averaging alot less? I have a 2018 Trailhawk v6 with around 1300 mile on it and only averaging around 13 according to the car any way.

·
Registered
High Altitude
111 Posts
I have a 2018 V6 4x4 HA with 2500. Havent hand calculated yet, but EVIC shows lifetime 21-22 mixed with 50 mile r/t commute eco on. When I can, I drive 70 to 75 but get traffic for about 1/3 of the total commute. One night I cruized at 70 and was seeing 26 on the flats. It does appear mpg is slightly creaping up. I think you have to light foot in eco mode on the flats at 65 to get the advertised 25 mpg.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
34 Posts
When you first got your trailhawk were you averaging alot less? I have a 2018 Trailhawk v6 with around 1300 mile on it and only averaging around 13 according to the car any way.
I got it in October 2017. I would say the gas mileage has been pretty consistent since i got it.

I average about 14-15 city driving and low 20's on the highway. This is keeping my foot out of the gas. I'm not driving like grandma but def light on acceleration. I could see me easily getting 10-11 if i was on the gas hard.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I got it in October 2017. I would say the gas mileage has been pretty consistent since i got it.

I average about 14-15 city driving and low 20's on the highway. This is keeping my foot out of the gas. I'm not driving like grandma but def light on acceleration. I could see me easily getting 10-11 if i was on the gas hard.
That makes sense. I'm probably a litttle to hard on the gas and I usually drive around with eco off so that would probably account for the difference.

Once question on the Fuelly app. When you fill up there's a slider for % city/hwy if that isn't accurate I'm assuming that will affect the mpg it calculates or am I missing something - thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
34 Posts
That makes sense. I'm probably a litttle to hard on the gas and I usually drive around with eco off so that would probably account for the difference.

Once question on the Fuelly app. When you fill up there's a slider for % city/hwy if that isn't accurate I'm assuming that will affect the mpg it calculates or am I missing something - thanks!
I've never used the slider. You input your mileage and gallons of gas at each fill up. All the app is going to do is take the difference in mileage and divide by how many gallons of gas. It'll give you the mpg for that tank of gas.

I'm assuming the slider is if you want to track your mpg for highway/city. It'll do math in the background that will split each tank into highway miles and city miles. If you average those two numbers together, it'll be the same as the tank mpg.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I've never used the slider. You input your mileage and gallons of gas at each fill up. All the app is going to do is take the difference in mileage and divide by how many gallons of gas. It'll give you the mpg for that tank of gas.

I'm assuming the slider is if you want to track your mpg for highway/city. It'll do math in the background that will split each tank into highway miles and city miles. If you average those two numbers together, it'll be the same as the tank mpg.
Thanks that sounds simple enough. I'm gonna start to use this and see if it differs much from the Jeep calculation.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Curious if you saw any differences between the app and the Jeep calc?
I haven't seen any difference. Seems to be about the same. I think the poor MPG I'm getting is personal driving habits. I did take a longer trip and didn't drive the same way and my combined MPG was much better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Supercharged and tuned 2012 5.7 here averaging 9.2 around town. I don't have any highway averages after the s/c install but I was getting roughly 19 before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2017 Laredo 4x2 v6 - I get typically get about 17.5 mpg in 90% city/10% hwy. Highway trips bring that number up to about 22 mpg running 75 mph. We just pulled a 18' 3,800 lb. travel trailer two weekends ago and got 13.7 mpg with speeds between 60-65 mph. Overall not bad considering the JGC's weight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts