Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I wanted to start this thread for YOU guys. A lotta people know about my rear fog harnesses, but think that's all I'm about. First and foremost, I wanna let you guys know that any custom requests with harnesses (or custom wiring in general) are more than welcome and I will do my best to help you out with them.

I'm really good at wiring and I can do just about anything you need. So, I was gonna poll you guys and see if there are any wiring-related things that you guys would like to see for these jeeps.

Just post 'em here. Maybe we'll come up with some projects for me to do!

·
Registered
14,381 Posts
How about some lind of ambient led lighting like Lexus, BMW, MB has? I guess would have to wire and place led's but A dimmer switch would have to go in somewhere. Just a mod thats been on my mond for a while. Also ventilated seats but I think thats going to get expensive...

BTW great job with the harnesses bro... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about some lind of ambient led lighting like Lexus, BMW, MB has? I guess would have to wire and place led's but A dimmer switch would have to go in somewhere. Just a mod thats been on my mond for a while. Also ventilated seats but I think thats going to get expensive...

BTW great job with the harnesses bro... :thumbsup:
Yeah the seats might be a little difficult. But let's discuss this ambient lighting. Where would you want it? Are you looking for the Mopar Ambient Light kit, just not the $250 price tag? Go into a little more detail on what you're looking for.

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jason,

have you been able to make the LED tails PnP for the 07 andf up models?

Lots of people are challenged by that task.
I still have not found the reverse light connector. But I have gotten a lot closer to plug and play. I like to have people send me their taillights so I can mod them directly (cheaper and easier), but I can also make an adapter for when that is not really an option. I'm actually building one of these adapters for a member in Canada to save on shipping. I'll snap some photos when I build it.

Basically, all you have to do is install a T-tap on each reverse light wire and then the rest is plug-n-play. You'll see what I mean when I get the photos up. It may be of interest to people.

·
Registered
14,381 Posts
I didn't know there was a mopar ambient light kit. But some dimly lit led's for under the dash in the front to light up the floor a lil and for the back seats too. Maybe 1 in the map light hoising to shind down on the center console.

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe you should offer that as a service then. Set it up so they ship the lights, you mod them, send them back. I bet a few members would like that option!
I'll get the pictures up and then try and get a feel for customer interest. It's not true plug-n-play so I wanna see if people are actually interested. I've modded 4 sets of taillights to date, but this will be my first adapter harness.

Stand by for pics in the next couple days.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

I didn't know there was a mopar ambient light kit. But some dimly lit led's for under the dash in the front to light up the floor a lil and for the back seats too. Maybe 1 in the map light hoising to shind down on the center console.

Defintely check out the Mopar kit. It illuminates both foot wells and the cup holders. Just for Jeeps has it, probably here on the site. Only problem is I remember it was over $200.

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
hey jason! any clue on what kind of wiring might be necessary to make the v-led dual led turn signal work? we are currently having issues with them with the VLEDS 3ohm Resistor that vleds recommends to use.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=7

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was wondering if you ever found that connector for the reverse lamps.......going to snap some pics and send to another buddy of mine and see if he can come up with anything, who knows might get lucky :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was wondering if you ever found that connector for the reverse lamps.......going to snap some pics and send to another buddy of mine and see if he can come up with anything, who knows might get lucky :D
That's a big NO on my end.....he was swearing up a storm on the phone first since I sent him such large pics :eek::D

·
Registered
393 Posts
The brake, turn and running lamp portion can be made plug and play on 07-09s.

Reverse light isn't.
I opted just to wire in a different plug on the factory harness for the reverse lamps (2 pin weatherpack).

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah, DC's got the right idea. There are two plugs on '07+ model jeeps. The taillight one (3-pin) I can get connectors, so that part can be plug-n-play. I cannot find the reverse light connector tho so that part cannot be plug-n-play. In order to make things easier on you guys, what I've done for a few others is just send them a T-tap to put on the reverse light wire. Then I've already put the mating connector on the taillights. So, once they install the T-taps, the taillights are kinda plug-n-play. And the stock ones still plug in no problem. AND, this design is more compatible with my rear fog harnesses as it doesn't have any custom plugs.

Make sense?

I gotta make an adapter harness for one of our Canadian brothers. I'll take pics of it so you can see what I mean. It's the exact same concept as me modding your taillights, but his has the matching '06 connector on it so that he doesn't have to send me his taillights. This saves him time and money on shipping because he is in Canada. This option is more expensive tho because I have to buy two more '06 plugs (and they are more expensive than the '07+ connectors).

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Well how much for this set up that you are speaking of for my 07 with the rear fog harness shipped to 96797 (HI)?? And can the rear fog harness be for brake and run lamp only (so no blinker basically)??

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well how much for this set up that you are speaking of for my 07 with the rear fog harness shipped to 96797 (HI)?? And can the rear fog harness be for brake and run lamp only (so no blinker basically)??

Thanks,
Chris
Chris:

So you want me to make the adapter harness for LED tails and include a rear fog harness? Or are you gonna send me your LED taillights and have me mod them? I ship thru USPS and shipping is the same to Hawaii. It would probably save you some money to ship me the taillights as the '06 connectors that are necessary to make an adapter harness cost me about $45.

If you haven't bought the tails already, a lot of people have them shipped directly to me. I mod them and them send them to you. That way they aren't paying for shipping twice.

As far as the blinker delete goes, it seems simple, but it's actually harder than you think. The blinker and brake light operate off of the same wire so it'd be difficult to filter out the turn signal, although it can be done with a converter box ($30). The only other way I know to do what you are asking about is to grab the brake signal off of the 3rd brake light, since it doesn't blink. However, that would pretty much ensure that the harness wouldn't be plug-n-play.

How big of a deal is it to not have the blinker? I prefer to have all 3 functions, I think it just looks better. But your call. Let me know and we'll figure it out, then I'll be able to quote you a price. Thanks for your interest, dawg!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Well for all that extra work I would say not to worry about the split. I didn't actually fully think about the wiring setup in the 07s til you mentioned it. As far as tails go, I already have them here AND already have them tinted, lol. What would your normal t-harness with led fogs go for? I think I can manage the connecotr part..maybe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jason's LED tail light mod isn't far of from being plug n play. I ordered LEDs for my 08 and didn't want to do a lot of wiring mods. One of the main reasons is because I suck at wiring. So I had them shipped to Jason and he set them all up for me. When I got them back if it took me more than 10 min to install them I'd be surprised. Jason also sent me a new harness for my fogs so I could run LEDs in them also. All I had to do was remove the old tails plug all the connectors together. The only part that is not plug n play is the reverse lights. No worries all you do tap the power side of existing reverse wire that takes a whole 30 sec to do. Then just reinstall your tails plug your fogs in and your set.

This how they look, nice and clean wiring.

A fast tap onto the power side of the reverse harness.

Plug everything in, reinstall tails, plug fogs in and your done. In less than 10min you have installed LEDs tails and fogs on 07+ GC.

And they work and look great. Thanks Jason.

I should probably start a new thread.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts