Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
SRT
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw and drove the '14 SRT at the Amelia Island Concours this past weekend. The '14 improvements are pretty cool...especially the 8 speed....but...the new shifter.....deal breaker...I am tall- 6'5"....and my right thigh digs right into it...not an issue on my Summit...Could not live with such an inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Oh no! I ordered one, im 6'4, no seat position helped? This will be mostly muly wifes car, but im sure ill be driving it ALOT myself, would hate to have that thing bothering me! :(

·
Registered
SRT
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend going to a dealer and looking at a regular one. In my humble...the shifter is too big and useless on the 14's...if they moved to an electronic control, there are much better and more efficient ways to do it..ala the Germans.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I wish they would have used the dial shifter like in the Rams....

Reactions: Roki303

·
Registered
783 Posts
I haven't tried it in the GC, but I had some hands on with this style shifter in the 300 and thought it was too short. Did they make it larger/taller in the GC or is it the exact same?

·
Super Moderator
9,296 Posts
Could you not swap out the "knob" on the shifter for something more compact if necessary to accomodate your very tall body conformation? Especially if you otherwise really like the SRT...

·
Registered
Ram 1500
854 Posts
I haven't tried it in the GC, but I had some hands on with this style shifter in the 300 and thought it was too short. Did they make it larger/taller in the GC or is it the exact same?
It seems to be the same height but has a lot more "throw" and has some tactile feedback for the change in gears ie going from park to drive there are kind of clicks like a normal shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
IMHO ... It felt like a cheap plastic toy ... Hopefully I will get used to it. That (and flipper glass being gone) is one thing that I don't like about 14.

·
Registered
Overland
171 Posts
Oh no! Whatever will you do?!?!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
IMHO ... It felt like a cheap plastic toy ... Hopefully I will get used to it. That (and flipper glass being gone) is one thing that I don't like about 14.
Every shifter since the Hurst 4 speed in my '79 Formula Firebird has felt like a plastic toy to me!:D

·
Registered
783 Posts
It seems to be the same height but has a lot more "throw" and has some tactile feedback for the change in gears ie going from park to drive there are kind of clicks like a normal shifter.
Thanks, sounds like they made some minor improvements, but nothing significant.

·
Registered
SRT
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Haha all the blow job sandwiches in the world wont change the fact the srt i ordered will have that shifter...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sh*t I am 6'8. Although I understand I dont fit well in any car, I can't have the shifter digging into my thigh. I guess im gonna have a problem. Did you have the seat fully lowered? Gonna take a ride this weekend sit in one see how bad it is.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts