Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how long Jeep will warranty a repair? My Basic Warranty expired 2 weeks ago and my radiator is leaking once again (3rd one) on 2018 GC Overland. The dealer last replaced it back in March 2021. I have an extended warranty, but would be disappointed to get socked the deductible on the same repair.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Does anyone know how long Jeep will warranty a repair? My Basic Warranty expired 2 weeks ago and my radiator is leaking once again (3rd one) on 2018 GC Overland. The dealer last replaced it back in March 2021. I have an extended warranty, but would be disappointed to get socked the deductible on the same repair.
If it’s a factory backed MaxCare extended warranty you should have no issues, but you might have to insist a little harder with a third party one that the dealers prefer to sell for greater profit.

·
Registered
JGC
480 Posts
@randys100 Look at your invoice for your last radiator. If it was Mopar Original Equipment (likely it was), the manufacturer warranties the product for 12 months or 12,000 miles from what I've seen. My dealer specifically states, if Mopar OE, the part is warrantied by the manufacturer (and the dealer makes no warranty claims, i.e. the labor is likely on you). You'll need to contact your dealer and ask how the warranty of the product through the manufacturer works. If they installed it, then they should (imo) make the claim through the manufacturer (likely Magneti-Marelli), obtain the product, and bill you for the installation ... unless they're a great dealer and value you as a customer ... personally, never met a Jeep Dealer that did ... maybe that happens in smaller markets.

Also, if still eligible, get a Mopar Maximum Care (Extended) Service Contract as soon as possible. Many threads on who is the cheapest online and which promo code to use.
Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mopar extended the warranty on most parts to 24 months/unlimited miles several years ago to be competitive, but I don't know off the top of my head if a radiator is one of the exclusions. For parts installed by a dealer, this includes labor.

Edit: It's not on the exclusion list. Should be covered under the 24/U Mopar warranty. Even if it were covered under the lesser warranty, that's still 12 months, which you haven't hit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts