Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these deAutoLED 3157 led's. They don't seem to want to show pictures of the actual led itself. Do they have a phone number? Just wondering if there bright and last.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
64 Posts
Yeah I have them. They are a little brighter than the stock. Here's a short side by side video of them with the OEM. Got them December 2018... not sure if they've changed since then. I can try to take a picture of the LED through the housing.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
64 Posts

You can't really tell from this but it's the best I could do without taking the lights off. LED's are in the front and all around.

·
Super Moderator
8,149 Posts
The lamps didn't work out for my on my MY12, but the company has good customer service; ships fast, replaces fast and returns fast if that's required. I also used the reverse lamps (really nice and bright) as well as some interior and license plate lamps. Only the stop/turn/tails were an issue and that's likely just because the vehicle's electronics just couldn't handle them consistently. They "worked", but with intermittent issues. Later model years are less likely to be as sensitive.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lamps didn't work out for my on my MY12, but the company has good customer service; ships fast, replaces fast and returns fast if that's required. I also used the reverse lamps (really nice and bright) as well as some interior and license plate lamps. Only the stop/turn/tails were an issue and that's likely just because the vehicle's electronics just couldn't handle them consistently. They "worked", but with intermittent issues. Later model years are less likely to be as sensitive.
Thanks what do you recommend for the turn signal,brake and parking bulb? I have these
RFIX-XD11XenonDepot XD11 11 Ohm Resistors
installed. The bulbs have been in for about a year and they still light up but I'm getting a code and they are hyper flashing. Could it still be the bulb or do you think it's the resistor?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just installed LumaWerx LW80 (HID Kit Pros) on mine (brake/linker, and reverse bulbs). They are local right here in WA and use all CREE components and let me tell you they are BRIGHT, I mean substantially brighter than OEM and the other LED bulbs I had! On my 2019 model no resistors or ultra flashing is present. Swapped out Morimoto ones for these and the LumaWerx are much better albeit a little on the expensive side (more inline with VLEDS pricing). I was going to go with DeAuto ones but the whole refusal to show pictures or specs and when I emailed them I received an extremely poor response so that made the decision easy.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do these LumaWerx LW80 3157's need a resistor on my 2012 Overland? Just wondering if the 2019 models are different?

·
Super Moderator
8,149 Posts
You absolutely need resistors or a lamp that is designed to not need them for the stop/turn/tail (3157) in the MY12...and as I noted, it can still be iffy with the later...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do these LumaWerx LW80 3157's need a resistor on my 2012 Overland? Just wondering if the 2019 models are different?
As mentioned you definitely will and you can buy them extra. Somewhere in 2018 I believe this was changed where you don't need them. Other option I believe I've heard is people use the DiagFCA App to code LED lighting changes. I'm not sure if this only applies to certain years, I would check it out though if you are opposed to resistors.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LumaWerx LW80
As mentioned you definitely will and you can buy them extra. Somewhere in 2018 I believe this was changed where you don't need them. Other option I believe I've heard is people use the DiagFCA App to code LED lighting changes. I'm not sure if this only applies to certain years, I would check it out though if you are opposed to resistors.

·
Super Moderator
8,149 Posts
Other option I believe I've heard is people use the DiagFCA App to code LED lighting changes.
I do not believe that's an option for MY11-13...but I could be mistaken

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
224 Posts
Havent used the deAuto led bulbs yet , however i did get brake light bulbs from superbright leds which were canbus specific , they work perfectly in my 2015 with no resistors but they are no brighter than stock. Glad someone posted that they had tried the deAuto version and they arent that great. I had a big issue with them for not showing any pictures of their bulbs on here or their website. Leads me to believe they are just renamed bulbs but i dont want to sling any mud, just my opinion.

·
Registered
353 Posts
In another thread about deAuto bulbs (which has been closed), I posted that I would buy a pair of 7440 LED bulbs to see if they could compete with the V-LED bulbs I currently have for rear turn signals. If they were at least as bright, I would keep them but if they weren't I would return them. Either way I would post my findings.

I just received the bulbs. Here is what they look like...

I'm sure the 3157 is identical except for the base. It looks fairly well made which is a promising sign. The wrap-around layout of the LEDs should fill the lamp reflector well.

I will probably wait for the weekend before installing and comparing because the switch to standard time has made it quite dark by the time I get home from work - all bulbs look bright at night so a comparison in daylight will be more revealing.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In another thread about deAuto bulbs (which has been closed), I posted that I would buy a pair of 7440 LED bulbs to see if they could compete with the V-LED bulbs I currently have for rear turn signals. If they were at least as bright, I would keep them but if they weren't I would return them. Either way I would post my findings.

View attachment 220281

I'm sure the 3157 is identical except for the base. It looks fairly well made which is a promising sign. The wrap-around layout of the LEDs should fill the lamp reflector well.

I will probably wait for the weekend before installing and comparing because the switch to standard time has made it quite dark by the time I get home from work - all bulbs look bright at night so a comparison in daylight will be more revealing.
What are you putting them in? I need 3157's for my 2012 that require resistors. Someone out there must have an older model like me that has LED's in the rear tail light... I need the bulbs and resistors that work together.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a '19 Limited which I've used DiagFCA to switch the rear turn signals to the outer portion of the backup lights (amber). But as I said, the 3157 version of the deAuto bulbs would be identical to the photo except that the wedge base is slightly different from a 7440 (the 3156/3157 wedge base is a little wider and thicker than the 7440/7443). I haven't tested them yet so I can't comment on how bright they are. deAuto claims that their bulbs have built-in load resistors so no external resistors are necessary.

The choice of external resistor is not dependent on the bulb. The standard rating for use with LED bulbs is 6 ohms, 50 watts. Select the resistor kit that best suits your needs. They are all basically the same but physical size may be a concern if mounting space is limited. Also, some come with the bulb sockets at both ends so that they are plug-and-play for those who don't want to splice into the wiring. Some also include a capacitor for especially sensitive CAN BUS systems (not a concern for Jeep taillights). They all work the same and no one model is better than another. Try to get as large a heat sink as will fit in the space available and mount them so that they don't rest against anything plastic which might melt from the heat.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
224 Posts

View attachment 220281

Very nice Wiz looking forward to your results

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
811 Posts
Has anyone tried these deAutoLED 3157 led's. They don't seem to want to show pictures of the actual led itself. Do they have a phone number? Just wondering if there bright and last.
I have them in my 2014. I've had some issues with previous brake light bulb models from them, however, they were eager to swap them out for a newer model. So far, they've been working fine for 6-7 months. I also have pretty much every other interior and exterior bulb from them (except headlights and fogs) and all are working just fine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the DeAutoLED bulbs in the brake lights of my ‘17 GC. I originally had their first gen bulbs and they worked great for about 10 months but one went out causing an error code. I contacted DeAutoLED and they replaced both bulbs with their newer bulb with a black body (posted above). The new bulb has been running strong for over a year. Great product and great customer service.

the DeAutoLED bulbs don’t require a resistor which is great. External resistors get HOT. I tested a Sylvania LED bulb with a resistor and the resistor reached almost 300 degrees in just 3 minutes! I also have a set of VLEDS BULBS V6 Triton bulbs sitting in the garage that I bought for if/when/just in case the DeAutoLED bulbs die. I tested VLEDS resistor and in RUNNING mode, they hit 79 degree. In BRAKE mode, they hit 160.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts