Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 JGC - High Altitude - 5.7 Hemi
31 Posts
Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated. No clue why they would tell me it is not, must just be trying to get as much $$ as they can from people now days. Besides, others have had it covered for $0 ded and after my running around, that will be where I am at, they can replace it on their dime, not mine.

I reached out to Jeep Cares on this site, so will let y'all know if I hear something backer have other updates to share.

Reactions: M12LRV

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated. No clue why they would tell me it is not, must just be trying to get as much $$ as they can from people now days. Besides, others have had it covered for $0 ded and after my running around, that will be where I am at, they can replace it on their dime, not mine.

I reached out to Jeep Cares on this site, so will let y'all know if I hear something backer have other updates to share.

Got an Update from the Connect today (group that was handling my case). Pay attention as this becomes confusing........I was told they talked to the dealership Service Manager (Mike) and the dealership would replace with a $200 deductible. I did not agree with this as I stated it was a safety issue as my phone was going on hold and hanging up on calls when I was making then my way to the dealership. In any case, I told Cameron ( Uconnect person handling my case) that it would only be a $100 dec under MaxCare. I was then told "This would not be covered under MaxCare as it is not a mechanical nor electrical issue".....Then what the H$LL is it then? It is a defect by the Mfr of the system and should be covered!

So I then called my dealership and spoke spoke with the Service Manager, Mike (that Cameron from Connect spot with) and he said "We only get authorization to do the work, any deductible is set by Connect when the repair is authorized by them".

Someone is lying and I don't know who, but it is starting to get on my last nerve. This is becoming a BIG issue for people and Jeep/UConnect/FCA/MOPAR or whomever is responsible to resolve it needs to step up. I ended up calling another Jeep number and asked for escalation as I am stuck in the middle. I have owned Jeeps more than 25 yrs of my life and if this is how they are going to handle an issue on a $50k Jeep, my next vehicle will NOT be a Jeep!

PS- If Jeep Cares is monitoring this thread, I need some help to get these replaced, under a recall or warranty as this becomes distracting while driving.
Quick update: I escalated to a Manager in the Uconnect group. Explained the "He Said and then He Said" when it came to the deductible situation (see above). He once again called the Service Manager at my local dealership, called me right back to say "After talking to the Manager, it will be no cost to you"....zero deductible confirmed. Apparently there is some sort of negotiations that can happen between Uconnect and a dealer in order to get them to do it under a "good faith" warranty. I have used this dealer for a while now and always get my work done there, they have kept my future business now.

Now just waiting for them to order and get it replaced. He did mention towards the end of our call that he had the same issue and had it replaced, but lives in a colder climate where it is a bigger issue. I am in the south, so heat is more of an issue in the summer, but my garage is 72 year round.

Lesson learned, escalate and be persistent when needed as I mentioned this is a safety issue and it is! If it starts freaking out while driving 70 on the freeway, it IS distracting indeed! If you already pd a deductible and there happens to be a recall in the future, you can get your $$ back by submitting a claim.

Reactions: RoadiJeff

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quick update: I escalated to a Manager in the Uconnect group. Explained the "He Said and then He Said" when it came to the deductible situation (see above). He once again called the Service Manager at my local dealership, called me right back to say "After talking to the Manager, it will be no cost to you"....zero deductible confirmed. Apparently there is some sort of negotiations that can happen between Uconnect and a dealer in order to get them to do it under a "good faith" warranty. I have used this dealer for a while now and always get my work done there, they have kept my future business now.

Now just waiting for them to order and get it replaced. He did mention towards the end of our call that he had the same issue and had it replaced, but lives in a colder climate where it is a bigger issue. I am in the south, so heat is more of an issue in the summer, but my garage is 72 year round.

Lesson learned, escalate and be persistent when needed as I mentioned this is a safety issue and it is! If it starts freaking out while driving 70 on the freeway, it IS distracting indeed! If you already pd a deductible and there happens to be a recall in the future, you can get your $$ back by submitting a claim.

Hi All, my final update to my delaminating screen saga. I FINALLY got my 8.4 Connect replaced at N/C by my local dealership. I also met with the service manager and he again confirmed that ANY deductible that FCA claims you will need to pay is set by FCA, NOT the dealership. So if you call FCA and they say "The dealership wants $xx to replace it", call BS and escalate it within the FCA UConnect group. Their number is 800-992-1997 to open a case and sure to select the Connect option.

G.L. and fight for a replacement at N/C as this is a safety issue and distraction when driving and when it starts to freak out!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is what you do - call FCA customer service!! I will advise, YOU HAVE TO BE NICE!!! The moment you get upset, mad, throw an adult temper tantrum - forget about it.

Working for FCA for years, this exact concern is becoming more prevalent. Call FCA, tell them your concern, YES, you will have to approve diagnosis to confirm the failure. But I have seen in cases, probably the few that I had - there was either goodwill warranty available, or some type of assistance to help the customer.

Just like in Road House, "Be Nice".
I did exactly this and was told it is Chrysler company policy to only fix it for the first owner since I am the second I am screwed!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am sorry to hear that Kim :-( maybe you will get lucky and they will eventually do a recall. Look on Ebay for a replacement screen, not to much to swap out just the screen and still cheaper than a whole unit. There are YouTube videos on how to do this. Keep a receipt in case they do a recall, then maybe you can get your $$ back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did exactly this and was told it is Chrysler company policy to only fix it for the first owner since I am the second I am screwed!!!
Hey sorry to hear that. You can find used ones on ebay alot cheaper that new and super easy to install videos on you tube. I replaced my chrysler 300 few years back. At that time total cost was 175. Delivered to my door and about 15-30 min to install. Now they are 300 on up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts