Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
What a toolbag this guy is. It's dopes like this that give the damn leftists more ammunition to use in their quest to limit our freedoms and mobility. I think the wheels alone are enough justification to put that poor ram out of its misery but anyway just put the damn emissions equipment back on and have some respect for the environment and your fellow man. The truck will pollute just the same off-road as it will on road but concepts like this are probably too difficult for the "Diesel Guys" crowd with their "rolling coal" mating call to understand.

Screw him, I hope his do#!hey looking truck ends up crushed and on a scrap barge to China.
Just because is has an emission delete does not mean its "rolling coal" ...of course the local politicians hope you're too stupid to knows this

·
Registered
245 Posts
Bottom line is that he removed emissions equipment that help protect the environment which in turn made the vehicle illegal to operate. He's a jerk for not giving a crap about anyone but himself and he's doing nothing but giving the lefties more ammo.

Screw him.
I've been following this from the beginning and he claims to have bought it that way,so no, he didn't remove anything, whatever your personal feeling about him, he is getting screwed.

·
Registered
2001 WJ/WG, 3.1TD VM Motori.
1,290 Posts
How similar are U.S State/Federal Laws regarding the issue when compared to the U.K?

Technically, we can't screw with anything affecting the emissions side of things. It has to remain as the designers/manufacturers built it, or as close to. Yet, some MOT inspectors will respond like what is in the article- it depends on the amount of visible smoke- the smog test.

(Hmmm, come to think of it- just buy a Volkswagen diesel- they screwed the system over pretty good before they got busted with their emission-cheat scandal.)

I need to get my dirty diesel de-carboned I think, now I've read that- I haven't had any deletes and mine's the pre-dpf era. (Was it 2006+ they came out?) She still has the original cat bell in the exhaust though, so it might be time for a new one. You see, if I just floor the peddle and WOT her, and she dumps a black cloud in my wake like most diesels do.
(It's not the same as rolling coal, but that cloud does impair a driver's vision and looms for a few minutes, causing tail-gaters and speeders to somewhat be more cautious and courteous most of the time).
And that's a bit of fun to do ;).

Edit- And if the Ram is worth it- convert back to normal and keep it trucking.

·
Registered
2014 GC Overland Diesel 4x4
378 Posts
Deleted diesels are very popular. Many here on JG do that. I live in California where it's not allowed. In fact I just had to have a smog check last week, and that is required every two years. Years ago, diesels did not require a smog check, but that has changed.
Actually it's not allowed anywhere in the US, just some places do not check. Federal law mandates that no emissions systems are removed, altered, or defeated. Not that everone plays by the rules, but just like anything else, there may be consequences.

I agree that it sucks that he can't turn it into a strictly off road vehicle, but there may be more to this story. In CA they have been known to have check points even checking out of state vehicles. One Story I read said that the deleted out of state vehicle owner had to tow his vehicle out of state.

·
Registered
2001 WJ/WG, 3.1TD VM Motori.
1,290 Posts
This rang a bell, regarding a Youtube video I watched a few months ago about Ca. cops pulling out of state visitors over:

Man, and I thought our UK cops were a bit over-dramatic!
(Gotta love the balaclava cop side-kick- how to intimidate drivers, even though the terminator is doing a good enough job!)

·
Registered
2014 Limited
686 Posts
If he did it I’ll agree whole heartedly with that statement, he should have known having that big ass heavy diesel came with restriction’s. But if he bought it that way which sucks, he should have been a little more cognizant.

I don't agree with the push and over each on limiting our ability to pick our poison without some whiny ass Ralph Naders dictating something better like EV’s when it isn’t proven.
The green new deal is a joke, plain and simple.

They use Global warming as their reason and Global warming is happening causing more severe weather, drought, flooding, hurricanes, yada, yada, yada, but here’s the thing it’s the natural cycle of the Earth. Every 100,000 years or so we have one and Science, not Politicians say we’re going through one now. It’s the 10,000 year warming cycle prior to the oncoming Ice Age that is causing the Global warning.

So for these assclowns to get up there and try to convince us that’s the methane from Cow farts and gasoline powered cars is unbelievable.

For those of us that stay within the limits of the regulation’s and mod, it’s us that ultimately wind up paying the price by being forced to drive a stock Vehicle. That’s the part that singes my ass hair’s. That’s the point I was making and due to some bureaucratic bullshit that’s unproven and being forced down our throats and into our pockets we’ll all be screwed. Mac

·
Registered
341 Posts
So for these assclowns to get up there and try to convince us that’s the methane from Cow farts and gasoline powered cars is unbelievable.
I think you'll enjoy the following:

The Cloud Mystery - Dr. Henrik Svensmark

Reactions: MacDaddy

·
Registered
213 Posts
This rang a bell, regarding a Youtube video I watched a few months ago about Ca. cops pulling out of state visitors over:

(Gotta love the balaclava cop side-kick- how to intimidate drivers, even though the terminator is doing a good enough job!)
And these jack boots think we should all blindly "back duh blue" hah.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts

I lived in Cali for a couple years in the late 70's. Got pulled over a few times and i tell you what those Cali cops have no sense of humor. But back then they weren't decked out like Rambo.
All that picture taking and with a backup Rambo for only a loud exhaust!

Loud exhausts can sometimes come in handy.
Back in my Harley days my loud pipes prevented me from getting mauled by a bear in Yellow Stone Park....long story i told in another old thread here.

·
Registered
2014 Limited
686 Posts
I think you'll enjoy the following:

The Cloud Mystery - Dr. Henrik Svensmark
Interesting video, I always try to be objective when dealing with a Nudge, but sometimes you just gotta say, ‘Hold on, show me the proof”. Of course they never can they try to cite reports and articles and I just want to know where did it go wrong. He capitalized on indisputable facts the exact opposite that they try and shove down our throats.
On another note, Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Delaware and Maryland are all set to ban gas cars. I spelled them all out so there would be no confusion. They won’t be done until we are under one Governmental control, one currency, and one mind set. “Those that give up their freedoms for safety deserve neither”, Ben Franklin. Mac

·
Registered
341 Posts
Interesting video, I always try to be objective when dealing with a Nudge, but sometimes you just gotta say, ‘Hold on, show me the proof”. Of course they never can they try to cite reports and articles and I just want to know where did it go wrong. He capitalized on indisputable facts the exact opposite that they try and shove down our throats.
On another note, Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Delaware and Maryland are all set to ban gas cars. I spelled them all out so there would be no confusion. They won’t be done until we are under one Governmental control, one currency, and one mind set. “Those that give up their freedoms for safety deserve neither”, Ben Franklin. Mac
Spot on, especially: “Those that give up their freedoms for safety deserve neither”, Ben Franklin.

By the way, did you notice your post was #666? It's got to be related to mentioning "Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Delaware and Maryland " all at the same time. I'm surprised Illinois didn't make the list.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don’t have a time machine to ask, but I seriously doubt that Ben Franklin would agree with his word in regards to the situation with auto modification. Go ahead and paint it with that brush, but it will dilute the true meaning. There are many other issues that it does apply to.

The fact is there are regulations on many things, so reasonable, some not. You still have the choice to abide, or not. Sometimes those choices have consequences.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don’t have a time machine to ask, but I seriously doubt that Ben Franklin would agree with his word in regards to the situation with auto modification. Go ahead and paint it with that brush, but it will dilute the true meaning. There are many other issues that it does apply to.

The fact is there are regulations on many things, so reasonable, some not. You still have the choice to abide, or not. Sometimes those choices have consequences.
I get what you're saying, but at the heart of the discussion in this thread is the VERY tyrannical climate change agenda, all in the name of keeping us "safe" from a global disaster. So, I think Ben Franklin would totally agree us quoting him.

For what it's worth, I would not consider doing a delete on my diesel because I do believe in being conservation minded and keeping the environment clean. What percentage of folks would actually do a delete on their diesels if the laws allowed? I'd say there would be very few because it cost money to do and it's a big hassle. So why the jack booted thug treatment for the very few that do a delete?

Reactions: MacDaddy

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well the climate crisis is a real threat.

There maybe some debate on what is the cause, but I personally believe that it is a combination of cyclical and man made. No doubt that emissions equipment has helped the air quality where I live, the proof is there.

I also believe that going EV is not the silver bullet to solve the problem, but there maybe some upside to it. Often overlooked is the environmental cost of battery production and disposal that was cited in a previous post.

Bottom line is if we want to survive as a species on earth, we will ALL have to contribute to a solution, however we can. My part is burning renewable diesel that is 95% non petroleum, and not producing offspring.

But back to the thread.

Not that I generally agree with that sort of LEO tactic, but it’s obvious from the conversation in the video that the driver had been cited previously by the same officer. It didn’t help that the car stands out, so it’s an easy target.

He is a motorcycle cop, so boots are the norm. I deal with a lot of motor cops. Every single one wears these boots. Just how far up your ass they stick them? YMMV 🤣

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ha, it's funny I didn't even see those videos above with the motorcycle cop with the boots... I was actually referring to the original poster's story about the Ram truck owner that has his truck going to the crusher because he deleted his truck. I was using "jackbooted" in the general sense from the 1930's. Now that they've found the "volume knob" to control the masses of people that buy into the whole climate change agenda, it's only going get worse. They're just needlessly making an example out of that Ram owner.

Don't confuse a smoggy city with climate change. I don't consider climate change a crisis since there's not much we can do about it. We can reduce the particulates and toxic emissions we're putting into the air, the factories and auto manufactures are doing this, and that's a healthy thing, but how much that affects the climate is very-very small in comparison to the natural climate cycles.

·
Registered
2014 Limited
686 Posts
Biggest thing about climate change that everyone seems to miss is this, although it’s a blink of an eye in a Geological time frame, it takes thousands of years to transpire, and we’re in the middle of one now if you believe the Science backing it up? And most importantly IT JUST DOESN’T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT, and there isn’t much we can do about it.

The OP’s original post just kinda de-volved into our Freedoms and the loss thereof from overreaching governmental controls and how those of us that mod and stay within the legality of such are always the ones that get steamrolled. I could say more but this forum isn’t the place for it.
Let’s just get back to Jeeps and why mine is still at my Daughter’s and not in my Driveway, Mac

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most ironic thing about all of these emissions "scandals" is the fact that all motor vehicles on the entire planet account for only around 10% of global pollution. The other 90% are power plants and industry. It's like trying to attack a weed by ripping the leaves off, it'll only keep growing back. Only way to make a difference is to take out the roots. Governments are attacking this issue at the wrong angle. That's why I don't feel guilty driving an internal combustion engine vehicle (deleted or not). My jeep is not even close to being a drop in the bucket.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts