Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Original
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this is what happened. I decided to go to the pool for a nice swim. And when I came back I went to put my towel in the trunk. I hit the unlock button on my remote and reach down for the handle. As I look down I notice a dent on the right of my rear bumper. There was no dent before because I just washed my Jeep yesterday. So it's a nice dent about 1 inch. And I have now some spider cracks from it and some chipped paint. I just wanted to know if I replace my bumper with a new one could I get the new on color matched to my original paint? My paint is Graphite Metallic Grey. I'm going to get a bumper from Rob(Budakane) Thanks by the way. He's going to get me one for $140.

I will get pics soon!

Thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,005 Posts
a good body shop should be able to match that no problem

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,005 Posts
stay away from Maaco

·
Registered
949 Posts
I think I am one of the only people thats had a good experience at Maaco. I had my whole Jeep Wrangler repainted there like 6 years ago and they did an awesome job. Maybe they just suck at doing part of a car and blending and overspray and all that

·
Registered
918 Posts
Maaco is the devil!! LOL...j/k! But really...stay away from em...find a nice, local body shop...they will be able to perfectly color match to your paint...paint code is PDR.

Ohh...you better make sure that bumper is smooth and not textured Paul....just a heads up!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
FAK!!! Dude man that is total BS. I hate when crap like that happens. When i had the whole front end of my olds done a few years back, a week later someone had to have put a spiral notebook on my hood to rest it while either talking to somone or to get in their car. It was awful. I probably had steam comin out my ears. Four weeks after that somone with a tow hitch had to have backed into my bumper and cracked a hole perfect size for one to fit. It was outrageous.

·
The Original
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I completely forgot that my friend does auto body. So tomorrow I am going to get an estimate tomorrow. I think it's better just getting a a new bumper for $140 then get it painted for $250 color matched. That's what my friend told me. And I will install it myself. Do you guys think I'm getting ripped off?

Thanks Hannes for the paint code.

·
The Original
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FAK!!! Dude man that is total BS. I hate when crap like that happens. When i had the whole front end of my olds done a few years back, a week later someone had to have put a spiral notebook on my hood to rest it while either talking to somone or to get in their car. It was awful. I probably had steam comin out my ears. Four weeks after that somone with a tow hitch had to have backed into my bumper and cracked a hole perfect size for one to fit. It was outrageous.

I was extremely mad! But there are idiots in this world....

·
Registered
2005 Grand Cherokee
5,111 Posts
Just say no to Macco.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,005 Posts
can the dent in your current bumper not be fixed...that would be cheaper i would think

·
Registered
174 Posts
140 for a new bumper... where can i get that?? I'm in need of a new rear bumper due to hitting a guard rail over the winter.

let me know!
thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,005 Posts
^^^^^yeah or pull it

·
Registered
BMW 325es
3,808 Posts
you could use a hair drier on like the hotest level after you take the bumper off my dad fixed a neighbors rear bumper that way ,just heat up the dent and tap it with hammer or something from the other side and it should come right out. .

·
The Original
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But I still have the spider cracks and I also have a bubble on the top of the bumper near the tail light. So I'm going to by a new Bumper and then get it painted and installed! all for $400.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,005 Posts
thats not bad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.