Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, so I'm on the fence about getting a tuner. Sean (from HemiFever) has been very nice answering all of my questions. The last question that I asked was, would a tuner void my warranty. His reply was, "nothing you do will void your warranty".

So what do you guys think? Any experience on this one you'd like to share?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
617 Posts
Okay, so I'm on the fence about getting a tuner. Sean (from HemiFever) has been very nice answering all of my questions. The last question that I asked was, would a tuner void my warranty. His reply was, "nothing you do will void your warranty".

So what do you guys think? Any experience on this one you'd like to share?

Thanks,
Eric
Nothing will "void" your warranty. But...if your engine explodes and the tuner is deemed the cause. A new engine would not be covered.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Of course running a tune will void your warranty... The question is???? Did the tune F- up your motor and can the dealer find out. Unless you write the tune and know the in and outs... My guess is as good as yours. I've ran a custom tune in my 2010 Srt and had no issues with the dealer. YMMV

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
333 Posts
Of course running a tune will void your warranty... The question is???? Did the tune F- up your motor and can the dealer find out. Unless you write the tune and know the in and outs... My guess is as good as yours. I've ran a custom tune in my 2010 Srt and had no issues with the dealer. YMMV
We have been through this over and over. Only if your tune was a direct cause of engine malfunction would it be denied. As a precaution for denial of any warranty work return your vehicle to stock before bringing it to the dealer.

·
Registered
335 Posts
We have been through this over and over. Only if your tune was a direct cause of engine malfunction would it be denied. As a precaution for denial of any warranty work return your vehicle to stock before bringing it to the dealer.
That's what I was trying to say.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this was probably one of those redundant questions but after hours of searching the forum I still had some hesitation. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I'm going to go for it :)

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered it! I'll post a review when it arrives. It was purchased from hemi tuner fever (Sean Powell). Great guy to work with!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I ordered it! I'll post a review when it arrives. It was purchased from hemi tuner fever (Sean Powell). Great guy to work with!
Cool, keep us updated. Still loving mine.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I received my tuner today. Some quick thoughts on the tuner and service:

- tuner is a little smaller than an iPhone but it feels sorta cheap in comparison. Not sure how sturdy it will be long term
- it came with extra long cables...thank you! Diablo didn't go cheap on this part.
- touchscreen feels kind of cheap as well but it gets the job done
- out of the box the tuner took awhile to update but diablo did a good job making it an easy process
- I called diablo tech and was on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes...I finally hung up and found the answer on the diablo forum
- I purchased the tuner from hemifevertuning.com and all I can say so far about Sean's service is....wow!
His response time is amazing and he has clear communication. I can't recommend him enough for this reason. I emailed him my last tune and had two new tunes in my email within the hour.
- performance...well I started with the 87 diablo tune....I haven't had a chance to take it past 60mph but acceleration is a lot better and it "pulls" a lot after shifting ....definitely a lot more fun to drive

More updates to come

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
333 Posts
Just wait until you install Seans tune. The diablo tune will feel like nothing compared to his. Especially the transmission reprogram that is part of the Hemifevertuning tune.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Just wait until you install Seans tune. The diablo tune will feel like nothing compared to his. Especially the transmission reprogram that is part of the Hemifevertuning tune.

X2....the Intune canned tunes felt just a little better than stock, while the canned trans tuning makes the most difference. Seans 93 CMR tune is so much better than the canned Diablo 93 tune. I also switch over to his 87 tune for road trips, much better than the Diablo canned 87.

·
Registered
SRT
99 Posts
I'm going with Sean tunes tomorrow after I get hom and look up my PCM # and diablo Serial number. I wonder if anyone has had Johan Tunes? I wonder if they are comparable, Cuz i heard great things with Johan tunes as well. Both sounds to have super tunes but how to do compare with each other??? I'll probably buy from both of them just so I can be assured I got what feels right for me.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I drove my GC about 30 miles today (highway) and picked up 2-3 mpg (according to the heads up display) since I loaded the 87 octane tune from Diablo. I track my fuel very closely both city and highway so I'd say a 1-2 mpgs is right on the money. Just an interesting observation I thought I'd share. I plan to load Sean's 89 tune this evening.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I drove my GC about 30 miles today (highway) and picked up 2-3 mpg (according to the heads up display) since I loaded the 87 octane tune from Diablo. I track my fuel very closely both city and highway so I'd say a 1-2 mpgs is right on the money. Just an interesting observation I thought I'd share. I plan to load Sean's 89 tune this evening.
That is interesting and good info..thanks.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is interesting and good info..thanks.
Yesterday I drove another 80+ miles and Mpgs remained at +1. This was with normal driving and about 60% city and 40% hwy

This morning I'll switch to the hemifevertuning 89 octane tune. When my tank is empty I'll go to the standard 93 and finally to Sean's custom tune.

I still think the intune device feels a little cheap but it's highly portable and really easy to just put in your pocket. Also I love the fact you can use it directly connected or as a middle man with a laptop (data logger software required). I'll post some screenshots of the diablo software and excel graphs that you can generate with this solution.

More to come

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee
31 Posts
My 5.7 Did a 0-60 in 6.21 sec. with a 93 octane hemifever tune from Sean. He's great it took him 3 logs to get me just right.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I go to the Hemi Fever 93 tune tomorrow ....Can't wait!
Isnt it 91? I will likely be switching to the 91 tomorrow, then doing some data logging to send to Sean.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts