Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Overland
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a 2014 Overland with the Off-Road Adventure II package and the Advanced Technology Group. My cost will be invoice plus $500. Having read here that some buyers are paying invoice or less than invoice, I wonder whether I have overpaid. Advice welcome! Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Overland
606 Posts
Did you sign anything? Did you put a deposit down?

2-3% below invoice should not be hard to get by putting a few dealerships against each other.

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Someone is always going to get a better deal than you got. You're going to get a better deal than others. I think the answer to your question is how you felt when you walked out of the dealership after you made your deal. Did you feel well served, and treated with respect? Did it seem like they bargained in good faith? Are you excited about your new vehicle? I think if you can answer these questions affirmatively, then you didn't overpay.

·
Registered
Overland
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did sign an order and place a small deposit. The order stipulates that I cancel the order and get my deposit back.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you paying MSRP? No.

Can you do better? Probably.

Are you willing to haggle and do work?

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,842 Posts
If your employer is a member of Chrysler's affiliate program (check with human resources), or you join certain organizations (Tread Lightly is one ) Chrysler will guarantee you 1% below invoice. If you have to join now an organization now, there will probably be a month wait before you can use it. The dealer does not get hurt. You pay 1% less and he pays 2 % less, plus all his extras.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have ordered a 2014 Overland with the Off-Road Adventure II package and the Advanced Technology Group. My cost will be invoice plus $500. Having read here that some buyers are paying invoice or less than invoice, I wonder whether I have overpaid. Advice welcome! Thanks.
As you've been told - you overpaid somewhat, but not much. I wouldn't start the process all over again.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I always feel like I paid too much when I buy a new vehicle. :) $500 over invoice doesn't seem like a bad deal for you.

However, that can only be part of the equation if you have a trade-in or get financing through the dealer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just got 1.59% over 60 months. I thought that was pretty good. I put down 9k on about 43k OTD.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I wouldn't say you overpaid if you paid less than invoice. Like others said, you can always get a better deal, but that comes at the risk of what dealer you will buy from and how long you're willing to wait. I was able to get 2% under invoice price, although that's from a local dealer. I'm sure if I went to a larger dealer, they could have beat that, but this one worked with me easily and meets my timing needs for the new vehicle.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I wouldn't say you overpaid if you paid less than invoice. Like others said, you can always get a better deal, but that comes at the risk of what dealer you will buy from and how long you're willing to wait. I was able to get 2% under invoice price, although that's from a local dealer. I'm sure if I went to a larger dealer, they could have beat that, but this one worked with me easily and meets my timing needs for the new vehicle.
He's paying $500 over invoice. I hate to be the one to tell you that it's not a good choice to continue with this deal, but it's not. I'd back out of the deal and see if you can get hooked up with one of the group buys here. Where are you located? You can get that APR at any location since it's not even through the dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts