Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Limited
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can confirm whether my map update worked today. I should've written down the previous version for comparison. Anyways, shortly after returning home a few weeks ago from military deployment, my 2018 Limited received an OTA update. Immediately after, when I went to UConnect and entered the application version, I was greeted with a notice that my vehicle was eligible for 2020 Map Update. I ordered it and it came today. The software update portion (software version says 21.05.11 and the application version includes ASO instead of previous IR and has 36.5 instead of 22.64) went without an issue. However, when I proceeded with the map update, using the instruction manual:
  • I followed the expected prompts (activation code, would you like to update, etc.) and then the USB activity light flashed for about 30 minutes and then screen shut off. I never received a progress screen or either an update successful or update failed notification.
  • After a few tries where I got a USB failed message, I got it to do the same thing (activity lights, no progress screen, etc.) and I called UConnect. They advised to make sure I was in the Nav app and engine running when I attempted to update.
  • I followed the instructions and this time it showed a progress screen that went slow up to 10+% and then went fast and completed in a few minutes. I got the Update successful/Remove USB message. I was told that to confirm it worked to plug the USB in and I would likely get a no update or same version or something message.
  • I did not...it prompted to update again so I did and it did the same thing.

In my Nav app the map database says Content_NA_HM_19Q2 and Version 9.35.2.241410. I assume this means 2019 maps and because I have a 2018 maybe that is the actual map in the "2020 Update." I had not updated my maps prior because there was never an update. I should've looked to see what the original maps were (maybe 2017 if the actual maps lag 1 year from the advertised update)? Any confirmation would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
1,765 Posts
HERE maps are always a few quarters s behind. Your version is likely the 2020 update but I would call Uconnect and HERE and verify your versions.

·
Registered
2018 Limited
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both very much for confirming. Definitely a lot of money to pay for essentially a 2-year updated map but I did get a software update out of it as well...and I did get the $50 off discount.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thank you both very much for confirming. Definitely a lot of money to pay for essentially a 2-year updated map but I did get a software update out of it as well...and I did get the $50 off discount.
Yes, in another thread that talks about the map updates it is being said that the $99 sale price update comes with a 19Q2 map database and if someone buys the regular price $149 map update they get a 20Q2 version.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
1,765 Posts
Mikeynavy1,
You got a map update but did NOT get a software update....that damn HERE NAV update included a thumb drive with an older software version!!!!
My 2020 is going in to the dealer tomorrow to have a dual update done. The TSB is TSB 08-093-21 of May 22, 2021 which is a two step update that will take it to 22.61 then 2nd updated to 22.64.

Get 'er done man!!

·
Registered
2018 Limited
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It took a little while but I got a hold of someone at UConnect...or specifically the map update department. She confirmed that I do have the current software and map for my 2018. Apparently, 2020 map updates are different for model year...which is why I assume it is a pain to look up model year and application version when purchasing. She also read off the current software update which matches mine. In addition to the version number it was clear that mine had new software...the boot screen when turning on now includes "since 1941" instead of just Jeep. I also noticed some other nice changes to layout and it looks much better if you are playing music and want the small Nav window. I do wish they would allow more than 12 Sirius channel presets though.

As far as map version she confirmed that 19Q2 is current for my model year. She did confirm that there is a 20Q2 map but that is on 2021 models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts