Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
GC Summit California
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I might be in the market once again and might be coming back to a GC.

Looking at the 2019 model line up, I see a new model, Limited X and the High Altitude but don't see any differences.

Other than the Modified SRT hood on the Limited X, and different leather design not sure what other difference.

ALso, the high altitude seems to have the pano sunroof option that the Limited X doesn't have.

Both seem to have the Harmon Kardon options which is almost a no brainer on how good it was in my 2015 summit.

·
Registered
High Altitude
159 Posts
In my case, what steered me in the direction of the HA was the fact that the Limited X doesn't have ventilated seats in any of its configurations. I'm sure they may be other small differences, but this one was the deal breaker for me.

You can see other differences here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Limited X doesn’t have the air suspension system...
And Limited X can be sunroof or not, but when optioned, it's the Panoramic just like other higher models.

Limited X, no leather dash option. No air ride. Pano, YES. No Tow Pack option on the Limited X.

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
Limited X has very "limited" option packages, as it were, so you need to be sure that you don't want something that can't be had on it. High Altitude is an Overland with the HA look that comes from the Summit fascias...and has quite a few options available.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You will have to ask yourself if the options available are worth it, and if you need them.

If it was me I would do the Limited X and save some cash for the following reasons.

I do not want air suspension - it seems as though in time they all fail
I do not want a leather dash - many members have had issues with them
No Trailer hitch is odd but if you are towing light you can add a hitch. Heavier towing I would get a factory set up for the max cooling
I really don't care if the second row has heated seats - I never sit there
Ventilated seats are not important to me.
I can turn on my wipers when needed by myself, don't need a computer doing it for me.

Less Tech = Less things to go wrong. I keep vehicles a long time.
Oh and I never get extended warranty. I have never needed it.

·
Registered
2018 GC HA
626 Posts
Things the High Altitude has that the Limited X doesn't

Ventilated Seats
Heated rear seats
Power tilt/telescope steering column
Auto high beams
Trailer tow group
Leather wrapped dash/Uppers on door panels
Air suspension
Quadra Drive available on HA, not Limited X
Active safety group standard on HA, optional on Limited X
HD brakes available on HA, Not Limited X
Limited X seats are basic leather, HA are Nappa
Noise cancellation standard on HA, optional on Limited X
Harman Kardon available on HA, not Limited X
Rear seat DVD available on HA, not Limited X
Pano sunroof standard on HA, available on Limited X
Lane sense standard on HA, available on Limited X
Park assist standard on HA, available on Limited X

If you build a Limited X on the Jeep website and add all of the options you can to get it as close to a HA as possible, the price comes out to $51,975. A standard HA is $52,985. So for $1,010 more you get the first 7 items on the list above. I'm not really sure how they justify pricing the Limited X that close to the HA.

·
Registered
GC Summit California
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.

In my 15' summit with HK audio and tow group, I ended up trading in and leased a 18' Q50 Red Sport. Reason for this was I wanted fast, and also really hated the turning/steering wheel ratio. So many spins it felt like to get around in the parking lot.

Now with the Q50, I had the speed and steering was incredible. Apparently there is no physical shaft connecting steering wheel to front wheels. This allowed you to play with settings. Very fast turning if needed with little effort.

Now life has "opened" my eyes if you will and going back to a GC would be a great option. Again, I barely use the space, no kids, not married but the look of it is fantastic and a great ride.

A few things I realized after my post is that a few things have changed. Back in 15' and during my ownership I remember the high altitude or altitude not sure which one didn't have an option for the Hemi. At the time that's what I really wanted to so I ended up with a summit.

The air suspension was a scary thought when I owned my jeep. Saw a few people share stories of it failing. Sure I had maxcare but who wants to deal with the time to fix something like that? I also thought the air suspension would make the ride super smooth and soft but boy was I wrong. Going over speed bumps were really bad. I'm sure regular spring suspension would have been better.

So for the time being, after your responses and research I might go with the High Altitude. What I'm really going for would be the Hemi as the option.

Now I'm thinking what's the difference between Summit and High Altidude? I had the summit and only thing I can think of is possible alcentera roof, acoustic glass but not sure what else is exclusive to the Summit that you can't get on High Altitude.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I walked away from a lease deal on a Limited X two nights ago. From the inside, it feels no different than my ‘16 Limited, yet it’s priced like the HA after options. It looked good I guess in the black on black, and I spec’d the V8, but it didn’t feel “special” for the extra dough. Back to the drawing board for me.

Nobody’s mentioned yet, but you can’t get the HK stereo in the Limited X.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Things the High Altitude has that the Limited X doesn't

Ventilated Seats
Heated rear seats
Power tilt/telescope steering column
Auto high beams
Trailer tow group
Leather wrapped dash/Uppers on door panels
Air suspension
Quadra Drive available on HA, not Limited X
Active safety group standard on HA, optional on Limited X
HD brakes available on HA, Not Limited X
Limited X seats are basic leather, HA are Nappa
Noise cancellation standard on HA, optional on Limited X
Harman Kardon available on HA, not Limited X
Rear seat DVD available on HA, not Limited X
Pano sunroof standard on HA, available on Limited X
Lane sense standard on HA, available on Limited X
Park assist standard on HA, available on Limited X

If you build a Limited X on the Jeep website and add all of the options you can to get it as close to a HA as possible, the price comes out to $51,975. A standard HA is $52,985. So for $1,010 more you get the first 7 items on the list above. I'm not really sure how they justify pricing the Limited X that close to the HA.
I believe the HA also comes with a cargo cover, which is an option on the X. Is that right?

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
The HA is an Overland with the High Altitude package that includes the Summit fascias, etc. It's a higher end vehicle than the Limited X and has more goodies available. If you want the creature comforts as well as QL, it's the way to go.

The Limited X is an appearance package on the Limited with the most noticeable thing being the SRT hood. If you don't mind not having all the creature comforts of the highest trims and want the non-QL spring suspension, it's a nice choice.

Make a list of what must be on your vehicle and then compare to find out which trim/package best satisfies your list.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts