Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Ram 1500
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few threads about disabling the daytime running lights on the 2011-13 grand cherokee ha noodle removing a couple of relays.
Has anyone tried to disable them on the 2014's yet? I'm not talking about the led ones I'm just talking about the low beam ones. I want to put HIDs in but those kind of prevent this. That and I find them useless.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
just unplug them

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
I didn't realize my '14 had any other DRLs besides the LEDs. Now, since the car has to be in drive, with the eBrake off, I'll have to let someone else sit in the driver's seat. :(

---

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 4x4
393 Posts
Not sure on all of them, but on my Limited w/ 8.4 UConnect, you can disable the DRL's from the user interface.

Reactions: SirEagle

·
Registered
Ram 1500
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't realize my '14 had any other DRLs besides the LEDs. Now, since the car has to be in drive, with the eBrake off, I'll have to let someone else sit in the driver's seat. :(

---
I think if you have the led's you don't have low beam drl's.

·
Registered
Ram 1500
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure on all of them, but on my Limited w/ 8.4 UConnect, you can disable the DRL's from the user interface.
I know on the 5" there isn't a setting for it, at least nothing I can find and I have went through the settings multiple times.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
sorry....I cant keep up with every members jeep. What year grand cherokee do you have? Does it have hid headlamps?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
me too....LOL

·
Registered
Ram 1500
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well, I can confirm that you cannot disable them the same as the 2011-13's there is no relay box like the one pictured in the thread that Scott created. I also found out that removing the DRL fuse does nothing, which makes me wonder about its purpose in the first place...

Edit: I had my wife sit in it and turn the blinker on and off thinking I could find a relay that controls one side or the other for drl's and couldn't find anything. I know the heated seats and heated steering wheel relays are under the passenger seat but I didn't hear any clicking from that area either, I guess now it is time for a trip to the dealer to see if they can be shut off with a scan tool, or maybe they can get me the electrical diagram by chance...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I contacted my local dealer here in the city and they said they CAN disable DRLs on my 2013. Will be bringing it in this week.

·
Registered
Ram 1500
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I contacted my local dealer here in the city and they said they CAN disable DRLs on my 2013. Will be bringing it in this week.
I believe on the 2011-13 you could do it yourself by pulling a couple relays on the driver's side. I had ours shut off at the dealer last week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Enable DLR's - Halo around headlamps

I'm new to the forum here and I've just purchased a 2014 JCG SRT two weeks. The issue that I'm having is I cannot get the daytime running headlights to function. By this, I mean the LED retangular halo around the headlamp. When I engage the "Turn on Daytime Running Headlights" option in the settings, only the bottom LEDs by the fog lights will come on (once I put the car in drive). However, I know the halo is suppose to come on also. I took it back to the dealership and they said they weren't suppose to come on, but I know that is not the case. On the drive SRT website, the head exterior designer explains how the new LED DRL's are the new signature look for the JCG top models.

SRT Digital Quick Hits | 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT: Exterior Lighting - YouTube

So I had the dealership drive a 2014 Summit up next to my SRT and turn on the DRLs. BINGO! The Summit worked just fine. So now the service technician is saying they may have to hook up a laptop and install new software and call Chrysler to figure out what's going on. They tell me that they honestly don't know because the car is so new. Any ideas if they are on the right track here. Thanks all.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 4x4
393 Posts
Some dealers really don't know a whole lot about the '14s as they are still pretty new. Hell, the dealer I seriously considered buying at (until they didn't want to do a deal), the salesman didn't know a lot about it, either. He said he's usually Mr. Product Knowledge there as far as features, facts, etc. and he had no clue on a lot of stuff dealing with the '14s.

Sucks you're having issues, though. The SRT just looks mean with the LED DRL's

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
^^^^^yeah...oem hid lamps

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
The SRT headlight LEDs dont turn on unless the parking lights or headlights are on. They are NOT drls. The bumper leds are the drls.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 GC Limited, it has the DRL low beam, you can (and I have) disable them through the radio screen under settings. I have the 5.0 radio, go to settings and scroll down through and find lights, it gave me the option to turn them on or off. It might even fall under the safety menu screen (can't remember) but I shut them off because of how they look when the turn signal is turned on, that side shuts off and I think it looks stupid and appears as if you have a bulb out, other then that, they looked pretty cool actually. Wish there was a way to disable the shut off on turn signal feature. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts