Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Audi
207 Posts
When I test drove a 14" GC summit, I was playing with the unconnect and notice that there was no option to turn drls off.. I know it's on American cars but doesn't seem to be available in Europe spec cars..

I know there is a eu law that states all new cars must come with drls.. But there are many new cars without any drls at all..

So my question is, is there a way to activate this within the menu?

·
Registered
Latitude X
933 Posts
I believe on the 2011-13 you could do it yourself by pulling a couple relays on the driver's side. I had ours shut off at the dealer last week.
2011-13, no need to pull anything.
Drive into your dealer, have them hook up the computer and go into the options. There's a setting to turn DRLs on or off.

Mine were off and I had my local dealer turn them on. Search for my posts, I put the info into one of the threads, but I can't remember how to do it now.

EDIT:
Found the thread
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2012-grand-cherokee-enable-daytime-running-lights-drl-51971-2.html

·
Registered
2014 Jeep GC Limited
53 Posts
I have a 2014 GC Limited, it has the DRL low beam, you can (and I have) disable them through the radio screen under settings. I have the 5.0 radio, go to settings and scroll down through and find lights, it gave me the option to turn them on or off. It might even fall under the safety menu screen (can't remember) but I shut them off because of how they look when the turn signal is turned on, that side shuts off and I think it looks stupid and appears as if you have a bulb out, other then that, they looked pretty cool actually. Wish there was a way to disable the shut off on turn signal feature. Hope this helps.
This only works for the American jeeps, I know for the Canadian jeeps we don't have that option in our uconnect cause I have the same GC Limited. Its mandatory to have the DRL's on due to the law regulations here which blows. The only way is to go to the dealership to get them to reprogram the software to shut them off and I've tried that already and they won't do it for me cause of the Canadian regulations. Hopefully someone can figure out how to turn them off.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This only works for the American jeeps, I know for the Canadian jeeps we don't have that option in our uconnect cause I have the same GC Limited. Its mandatory to have the DRL's on due to the law regulations here which blows. The only way is to go to the dealership to get them to reprogram the software to shut them off and I've tried that already and they won't do it for me cause of the Canadian regulations. Hopefully someone can figure out how to turn them off.
I must have a really nice dealer. They somehow reflashed my ecu to think it's an american jeep, then they can be disabled by them. I assured them that I would have drl's after, and I do,

·
Registered
58 Posts
mine will not work trying to track down a fuse or something and see this. are you saying my 11 overland could have them 'turned off' by the dealer. is there any evidence of this in my interior controls that could confirm this?

2011-13, no need to pull anything.
Drive into your dealer, have them hook up the computer and go into the options. There's a setting to turn DRLs on or off.

Mine were off and I had my local dealer turn them on. Search for my posts, I put the info into one of the threads, but I can't remember how to do it now.

EDIT:
Found the thread
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2012-grand-cherokee-enable-daytime-running-lights-drl-51971-2.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do you know if there is a way to completely disable the leds on a WK2 (mod 2015) grand cherokee?

One led in the right side became blue, and I can't fix it without changing the whole headlight, so more than 1'200$... I Don't really mind having a blue led BUT I will have soon to pass the inspection and here in Switzerland, one blue led like this will make the car to not pass the inspection… You are not forced to have DRL, it's allowed to run the day with only the xenon, so If I temporally disable the leds just for the inspection, it will pass then I can enable again. Cheaper than change the 1'200$ headlight...

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Do you know if there is a way to completely disable the leds on a WK2 (mod 2015) grand cherokee?

One led in the right side became blue, and I can't fix it without changing the whole headlight, so more than 1'200$... I Don't really mind having a blue led BUT I will have soon to pass the inspection and here in Switzerland, one blue led like this will make the car to not pass the inspection… You are not forced to have DRL, it's allowed to run the day with only the xenon, so If I temporally disable the leds just for the inspection, it will pass then I can enable again. Cheaper than change the 1'200$ headlight...
If you do not have the DRL on/off option in the vehicle settings menu (in the radio), you should be able to enable it using software like Appcar FCA. Since there is already much info on the software, I won’t go into detail about the software, but you should be able to use that to disable DRL and possibly enable the on/off functionality in the settings menu.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.