Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
WK2
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have mounted these tires in 265/65/18, any issues with spare fitment? These are my two finalists for an AT tire and both seem like they will work well with no rubbing in this side, but I'm curious how either fit in the spare well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm looking at the Cooper discoverer AT in the same size, did you end up getting these? I have the same exact questions as you. If you got them how do they fit and ride and do they fit in the spare wheel well? Thanks.

·
Registered
WK2
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up getting the Goodyear Trailrunner AT, and have not yet bought a new spare as I'm trying to find a rim that doesn't cost more than $100 to use for the tire.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I ended up getting the Goodyear Trailrunner AT, and have not yet bought a new spare as I'm trying to find a rim that doesn't cost more than $100 to use for the tire.
So what led you to that tire instead of the others? Did you go with the 265 65 R18 and how does it fit, any rubbing? Do you have the RRO lift/level kit? Thanks.

·
Registered
WK2
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I did end up with the 265/65/18, and it works great. No rubbing, and the vehicle is completely the stock suspension setup.

I'll admit, I usually buy tires based on far more reviews, but the Discoverer was days away from being available in that size, and the limited amount of info on the Trailrunners was all positive. The guy at Discount Tire advised me against the Geolandar G015 which was my 2nd choice as he said he had them on a truck and didn't love them due to wear and traction.

I have about 400 miles on them so far...slightly noisier than stock, but handle great (I usually don't go above 80) on the highway and only did a mild forest service road so far so won't yet comment on traction off road. Summer is when I'll really test them off pavement and can do a review after a couple thousand miles.

·
Registered
16 75th 3.6
840 Posts
I did end up with the 265/65/18, and it works great. No rubbing, and the vehicle is completely the stock suspension setup.

I'll admit, I usually buy tires based on far more reviews, but the Discoverer was days away from being available in that size, and the limited amount of info on the Trailrunners was all positive. The guy at Discount Tire advised me against the Geolandar G015 which was my 2nd choice as he said he had them on a truck and didn't love them due to wear and traction.

I have about 400 miles on them so far...slightly noisier than stock, but handle great (I usually don't go above 80) on the highway and only did a mild forest service road so far so won't yet comment on traction off road. Summer is when I'll really test them off pavement and can do a review after a couple thousand miles.

I have the GO15’s on my WK and they are awesome in the rain and snow and really quiet for and at tire. Snowflake rated as well. Surprised to here a bad review most are good for that tire.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,401 Posts
I have the Coopertire Discoverer AT/3, mostly because it's the only All Terrain tire in my size 265/50R20, with good reviews for off road performance.

Yes, I know; if I really want off road tires, I should get 18" wheels and 65% or more profile tires. Didn't want to buy new wheels plus tires, but I want the snow and mud ability.

They are great on road. Ride and Noise are a bit harsher than road only tires, but not enough to be uncomfortable. Haven't had the chance yet to test them off-road or in snow, not that I'm going to do anything radical with my new to me MK2 or with 20" 50% profile tires either. But they seem like they provide good off-road ability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts