Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The guy said they would take care of it. 2nd owner, 2018 now has 44k miles. I'll know for sure when the case worker makes contact .
@JeepCares
My 2018 compass with 44k miles just started having this issue.. they just told me it's not going to be covered after calling and trying for a good will claim. They just said if I pay for it to keep my receipts in case they get recalled. This seems like a wide spread issue that they should fix as it's not wear and tear... please jeep.. I have had a good experience with your brand till now and I feel like this is not the right thing to do

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't thank you enough for posting this. I called just now...spoke to a very nice woman named Kathy. She understood exactly what I was talking about, created a case, and she said they would cover the cost of a replacement...even though I'm out of my warranty. I now need to take it in for an official diagnosis, and once that's done they'll reopen the case and it will get taken care of. Highly recommend folks do this...and be very kind when you're on the phone. Kathy was great and she took great care of me...very happy!
I just called and they said it's not covered for my 2018.was there something that stood out to you that made them change their mind?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I have been experiencing the same issue as listed above with my screen delaminating. It initially started at the top left and right portion of my screen which has increased in size. I currently own a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I took my vehicle to the Jeep dealership for a diagnosis and was told I would need to pay over $1800 for a replacement. This is upsetting because my car is fairly new and I don’t have $1800 to waste. I called and reported this issue to Jeep yesterday and to Uconnect today. I was told I would be responsible for the replacement as there is nothing “they” can do. I appreciate any feedback on how I can proceed.
VIN 1C4RJFAGOKC546558

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just called and they said it's not covered for my 2018.was there something that stood out to you that made them change their mind?
this is upsetting that we keep getting the run around. Jeep knows this is a common issue and should want to rectify the issue or atleast fix the issue before manufacturing more cars the following year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue in the upper left corner of the screen. 2019 Grand Cherokee, owned since new, 28k miles but 6 months out of the 3 year warranty period.
It started with random screen flickering, took it in (while still under warranty) told that it only needed a software update which they did, that didn't solve the issue and I didn't chase them to fix it (after no one would call me back) as I was told it was only a software issue. 7 Months later the flickering is much worse and very distracting due to the speed and randomness of it, also just noticed the delaminating in the upper left corner of the screen which is also very distracting when the sun catches the screen, due to the difference in reflecting of the light.
Not really sure what to do as it is now out of warranty.
Anyone from Jeep @JeepCares able to help with this? If it was a known issue, why didn't they fix it when I took it in while it was still under warranty?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
This was my response from Jeep Cares. Pretty much exactly what I expected. They should change their username on here to JeepDoesntCare accurately describe their view on the safety of the people who buy their products

Hello WhippledSrt8,

I received your tag and wanted to make sure I followed up with you in regard to the provided information. Taking a further look into your VIN, there are no active recalls related to touchscreens at this time so this would be something that would be handled accordingly under the applicable warranty by the dealership. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. In some cases, you are welcome to seek a second opinion from another dealer in the area that may be willing to work with you and provide assistance considering the necessary information. If you decide to proceed with getting the screen repaired, we advised holding onto any receipts/repair orders and reach back to our team for reimbursement review in the event this becomes a recalled item in the future.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
@JeepCares
My 2018 compass with 44k miles just started having this issue.. they just told me it's not going to be covered after calling and trying for a good will claim. They just said if I pay for it to keep my receipts in case they get recalled. This seems like a wide spread issue that they should fix as it's not wear and tear... please jeep.. I have had a good experience with your brand till now and I feel like this is not the right thing to do
Hello @morgan.k.jackson5

I'm sorry to hear of this. Were you provided with a case number? Please send us a private message with your case number or VIN so we can take a look into your file.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
this is upsetting that we keep getting the run around. Jeep knows this is a common issue and should want to rectify the issue or atleast fix the issue before manufacturing more cars the following year.
Hi @DymendE920

I was able to locate your file with the provided VIN and will follow up with you via private message soon.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
This was my response from Jeep Cares. Pretty much exactly what I expected. They should change their username on here to JeepDoesntCare accurately describe their view on the safety of the people who buy their products

Hello WhippledSrt8,

I received your tag and wanted to make sure I followed up with you in regard to the provided information. Taking a further look into your VIN, there are no active recalls related to touchscreens at this time so this would be something that would be handled accordingly under the applicable warranty by the dealership. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. In some cases, you are welcome to seek a second opinion from another dealer in the area that may be willing to work with you and provide assistance considering the necessary information. If you decide to proceed with getting the screen repaired, we advised holding onto any receipts/repair orders and reach back to our team for reimbursement review in the event this becomes a recalled item in the future.

Steph
Jeep Cares
@WhippledSrt8 I received a similar response. I'm not sure why I bothered wasting my time with this forum. Basically no action will be taken on a vehicle out of it's 3 year, 36K mi warranty. Thanks for nothing Jeep.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
@JeepCares Can you please also send me a private message regarding my message above. Thank you
Hi @Joneep

I can check into this for you too. I'll be sending a message to you shortly.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello @morgan.k.jackson5

I'm sorry to hear of this. Were you provided with a case number? Please send us a private message with your case number or VIN so we can take a look into your file.

Steph
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares

Looking at the responses here I don't think you are going to do the right thing for your customers to keep them safe and returning to buy... I did file a safety concern as this is one. I hope jeep changes their ways but will look at another brand of vehicle in the future buying that I do. Shame. The jeep salesman who realllly wanted me to trade in my car, said oh ya that screen is easy to take care of .... is it worth losing all these customers and I would def be telling anyone who will listen about this problem with this brand of car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@JeepCares

Looking at the responses here I don't think you are going to do the right thing for your customers to keep them safe and returning to buy... I did file a safety concern as this is one. I hope jeep changes their ways but will look at another brand of vehicle in the future buying that I do. Shame. The jeep salesman who realllly wanted me to trade in my car, said oh ya that screen is easy to take care of .... is it worth losing all these customers and I would def be telling anyone who will listen about this problem with this brand of car.
@JeepCares

Vin 3c4njcbb6jt102863

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
41 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
41 Posts
so, I filed a claim at the link Uconnect Not Working? | Delamination Lawsuits | Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler (classaction.org)
and I heard from UConnect:
Hi Brenda,
Thank you for your U-CONNECT compensation claim. Please call us when you have a moment to review your claim so you can get the compensation you deserve. The call will only take 3 minutes.
You can reach us at 800-628-7710. Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Consumer Enrollments Happiness Team

Their answer today is they are only dealing with claims in CA, IL, NY and FL, but the criteria may change at any time to include other states. So, KEEP THOSE COMPLAINTS COMING! We may yet get our state included. For me, its IA.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
5 Posts
Update to my screen issue, as it has been a couple of weeks since I first reached out to Uconnect and JeepCares because after doing so, I left for vacation in my Ram with camper in tow....
So we were given a case number a couple of weeks ago and have an appt this Saturday at our local dealer to have our screen issue documented/verfied. Service writer at the dealer, whom I spoke with, seemed positive about the process even tho we did not buy from them 2 years ago.

Looking good so far. Stay tuned.......

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
5 Posts
Just a thought here for those of you having the same "the uconnect screen does what it wants" issue as we are. Yes, when on climate control, it randomly changes everything and has even turned the heated seats on when it is 92* outside... Yes, the navigation screen wants to do its own thing... Yes the radio will sound like BumbleBee in the Transformers movies trying to speak... Etc, etc, etc...

It is annoying as hell and I totally get that it can be a safety concern when it happens while driving and trying to fix a setting that doesn't want to stay set.

SO - Why not take a sensibly safe approach to not having a wreck until you get the issue cared for one way or another ? Simply have an app up on the screen that will not affect your driving comfort. Set your creature comforts where you want them and then go to something like the Off Road pages app where you get to see the pitch/roll/dymanics? That screen can bounce around all it wants and not make you uncomfortable. Or maybe set your controls and then turn the screen off before you drop it in gear?

Sure it's an inconvenience, but keeps you from driving into a guard rail or oncoming traffic by accident. We are all victims of the screen delamination issue, but don't let it ruin your life. Just sayin......

Not looking to start arguments, as we all know this needs to be cared for properly. Just thinking out loud in the interim so nobody dies until yours gets fixed.

(Stepping off my soap box now)

261 - 280 of 309 Posts