Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Durango
3 Posts
The Uconnect person handling the replacement of my radio sent me an e-mail this evening stating that a check has been mailed and I should be receiving it shortly ($700 for the radio replacement, $150 map update). I asked in a previous phone call if there was any information about future replacements for the same defect, but she could only say that Uconnect would have the records of this replacement. Time to archive the e-mail thread with Uconnect for reference in 3-4 years when the delamination starts again.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I got my '19 back from the dealer today. The new display seems like maybe it is a bit less reflective. I certainly won't complain about that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just want to drop my experience in here. I called Uconnect, said hey I have an out of warranty GC with a delaminating screen, I read you've helped others with that, can you help me? They said sure, bring it in to a dealership and call after diagnoses.

I did that all and UC said sure we'll cover it. So the dealership was apparently run by frogs or something because they were braindead, ordered the part without my consent, ignores UCs emails and then dodged me for 3 weeks. Finally got a hold of them and they said "well why did you order the part." I'm like uh I don't work there you did lol. They said ok well we need to return it and reorder a different way for a 3rd party to pay.

I was fed up, called UC back and they said no worry, pay, send invoices and we'll reimburse. They mailed my check today.

If you're having this issue, call UC, they were great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee just over a year ago and am currently at 45k mileage. Seeing lots of people posting that UConnect took care of the replacement display that was delaminating even though they were over the warranty limit. Went in with a positive outlook today when I called UConnect but was told that I’m out of warranty (for a faulty part) and my VIN isn’t above 400 for a loyalty approval or something so I am now waiting on a call back from a supervisor. Not feeling hopeful and frustrated that a clearly faulty part isn’t being covered. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If everyone would take the time to file a complaint with NHTSA, then maybe it could spark a recall because this is a safety issue. Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA It sure looks like they're not going to replace most or any of these bad screens unless they're forced to. If there was as many class actions lawsuits as people say they were going to, this would be an issue but talk is cheap in the internet.... Oh and Jeep cares is a joke so don't waste your time there unless you have an extended warranty.
Done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have spent the last 6 weeks following up with Jeep/uConnect and today I am told that the dealer will not be able to replace the part. uConnect have spent 5 of those weeks telling me 'we are trying to get hold of the dealer'. I bought the Jeep new in 2019 and it has less than 30k miles on it. Jeep will not do anything to help nor will the dealer, we will clearly never be buying a Jeep again

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Durango
3 Posts
Got my check today from FCA for $860.51 to cover replacement of my nav unit and update the map. Made the first contact Aug 13 on the Uconnect web page outlining my complaint. Total time 6 weeks. It was 8 days from last contact approving everything to getting the check today. Cost was $575 for the nav unit, $89 labor, $34 tax, $160 for the map update.
There was never any argument about being out of warranty (4.5 years old). Just took time back and forth for each step.

301 - 309 of 309 Posts