Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
@Roman2179 Yes It has both Lane Assist and Forward Collision warning. Its also has ACC and its a 19' Limited X if that matters. I would appreciate if you could collect the BCM settings when you get some free time please. Also if you could post a pic of the front windshield the same orientation as mine to see they are the same. Thank You

·
Registered
GC Limited
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
@Roman2179 Yes It has both Lane Assist and Forward Collision warning. Its also has ACC and its a 19' Limited X if that matters. I would appreciate if you could collect the BCM settings when you get some free time please. Also if you could post a pic of the front windshield the same orientation as mine to see they are the same. Thank You
Doesn't the Limited X come with HIDs? I thought all of the HID equipped WK2s came with automatic high beams. Have you checked the your lighting settings in Ucoonect to see if the Auto High beam option is in there?

If not, you should have all the required equipment on the Jeep to enable it through software.

Picture posted. The earlier models used a square rain sensor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Doesn't the Limited X come with HIDs? I thought all of the HID equipped WK2s came with automatic high beams. Have you checked the your lighting settings in Ucoonect to see if the Auto High beam option is in there?

If not, you should have all the required equipment on the Jeep to enable it through software.

Picture posted. The earlier models used a square rain sensor. View attachment 219212
Yeah HID's and I checked its not there. For some reason it wont let me access the pic. Error" You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah i did the

Vehconfig 1-Auto HighBeam (Enable)
2014 CBC I/0 & Feat. -Auto High Beam Module Location (HaLF)
CustSetMenu 1-Auto high beam (Yes)

When I turn the knob for the high beam to the on position the high beams don't turn on but it says "Auto high beams active" I tested on a drive and nothing. I don't see it on the menu yet but i think i read that's normal at least for a little while.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah I did. Any idea what all the locations mean? I assume HaLF i guess i could try all three of them.

·
Registered
GC Limited
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Can you do a full printout of your BCM setting? Keep in mind you need be going over 20ish mph in a dark area for them to work.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can you do a full printout of your BCM setting? Keep in mind you need be going over 20ish mph in a dark area for them to work.
I have to see if there is a way to do this. I have the PC version. I think i read somewhere only android can create a printout. We'll see.

I was driving fast enough but not really sure if it was dark enough. It was enough to where i would want them on but i don't know how sensitive to light it would be. I'll keep testing.

I believe you mentioned your sisters summit location was set to HaLF right? Also I dont know if i need that smart beam setting set. I believe that's a type of rearview i don't have.

·
Registered
GC Limited
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I have to see if there is a way to do this. I have the PC version. I think i read somewhere only android can create a printout. We'll see.

I was driving fast enough but not really sure if it was dark enough. It was enough to where i would want them on but i don't know how sensitive to light it would be. I'll keep testing.

I believe you mentioned your sisters summit location was set to HaLF right? Also I dont know if i need that smart beam setting set. I believe that's a type of rearview i don't have.
In the AlfaOBD directory in Program Files, there's a log folder. In the log directory will be a BCM log. It's a running log that should have all your changes and any time you read the config.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did a little more research and it seems the forward facing camera that my jeep has (#04672777AA) is the same one that comes with the Summit, Overland, SRT and Trackhawk all of which have Automatic high beams as standard equipment according to this. http://www.wk2jeeps.com/pdf/2018_wk2_Standard_Equipment_02_2018.pdf

I tried connecting to the forward facing camera module under "Lane Control" and the automatic high beam module under "Xenon Headlights" in ALFAOBD but it wouldn't connect to either.

Anyone with one of those 2018 2019 jeeps can confirm this is the camera?

·
Registered
GC Limited
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
If you can get the log after you read the BCM settings, I can compare it to my sister's summit. The log will be in log folder in the install directory in "Program Files." There is either a BCM or a Body Computer log file that keeps a running log.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you can get the log after you read the BCM settings, I can compare it to my sister's summit. The log will be in log folder in the install directory in "Program Files." There is either a BCM or a Body Computer log file that keeps a running log.
Here you go. I compared it with the one found here https://www.jeepgarage.org/threads/alfaobd-–-diagnostic-configurator-software.214063/

I noticed your sisters Summit has a different camera then mine going by the pic you attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
GC Limited
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Registered
76 Posts
In the comparison, this is the only difference I found:
Customer Programming Features:
Auto High beam: Not set >> Set

The "Program Customer Features" menu is about 9-10 spots above "Car Configuration Change" in the main drop down.
Im 99% sure that's because I didn't have it chosen (checked) in settings in the radio at the time it recorded that. In other words I had it turned off.

Any takers on this: "Anyone with one of those 2018 2019 jeeps can confirm this is the camera?"
(#04672777AA) (Summit, Overland, SRT and Trackhawk)

I know not many people have the nerve to pop off a plastic cover behind the mirror in fear of breaking something, but hey do it for science ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I guess no takers. I'm pretty sure this is the camera that works for auto high beams so it must be something else preventing it from working. Wiring perhaps? :unsure: I read somewhere that the ACC Distance sensor may be a part of it some how. I know this is a longer shot then someone checking their FFC part number but does anyone know where I can get the electrical schematic for a 2018 or 2019 Grand Cherokee?

·
Registered
GC Limited
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Best bet for wiring is techauthority. You can get a one day or three day pass and download anything you need, just check that they have what you need before signing up.

Did you test the lights on dark road? It's pretty sensitive to lights on the side of the road and road lights in general.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts