Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey guys! Wondering if I'd be able to do this on my '17 Altitude...the catch being that I'm putting in OEM LED assemblies which require a wiring harness (mine comes with halogen assemblies from factory and I hate the look of them, hence the pricey swap out - worth it for me though). I guess my question is whether or not the installation of a wiring harness would have any effect on doing this upgrade. You could say I don't have a mind for all these technical bits and pieces so it's a huge possibility this is a dumb question!

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I hit all the necessary requirements as far as wiring in the mirror (auto-dimming with 911), so I would just have to purchase the factory mirror with the camera. I have the 8.4 UConnect for my radio (no nav or Apple CarPlay but I don't think that was a requirement). Thanks for any help in advance!
Sorry I can't help. Apparently mine would use a different camera then the usual photo eye behind the mirror because I have Lane sensing and ACC but if you do this let us know how it works out for you. Interested....

·
Registered
GC Limited
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hey guys! Wondering if I'd be able to do this on my '17 Altitude...the catch being that I'm putting in OEM LED assemblies which require a wiring harness (mine comes with halogen assemblies from factory and I hate the look of them, hence the pricey swap out - worth it for me though). I guess my question is whether or not the installation of a wiring harness would have any effect on doing this upgrade. You could say I don't have a mind for all these technical bits and pieces so it's a huge possibility this is a dumb question!

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I hit all the necessary requirements as far as wiring in the mirror (auto-dimming with 911), so I would just have to purchase the factory mirror with the camera. I have the 8.4 UConnect for my radio (no nav or Apple CarPlay but I don't think that was a requirement). Thanks for any help in advance!
Make sure you note if you have the soft key in the controls section in Uconnect or if you have the physical button for mirror dimming on the mirror and buy the one that matches your set up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would if i could but I have a better chance of the auto high beam to spontaneously start working. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Roman, Ive been reading up on things...What if I find a dealer to add the sales code (LMS), which stands for auto high beams, to my vin in dealer connect? whatever that really means...
I almost stopped caring then it came back!:oops:

·
Registered
GC Limited
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hey Roman, Ive been reading up on things...What if I find a dealer to add the sales code (LMS), which stands for auto high beams, to my vin in dealer connect? whatever that really means...
I almost stopped caring then it came back!:oops:
It’s worth a shot. They may be limited to what they can flash based on your build sheet but there is some flexibility. They also have a way of adding things to the build sheets but not all dealers will play ball on that one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Out of three dealers it seemed only one understood what I wanted to do. I asked a service tech if he can log into dealer connect and add the sales code LMS to my vin. He needed the last 8 of my vin. He started naming things that were on my vin that can be added but none were LMS. I wasnt there looking over his shoulder but I believe it wasn't there...I was thinking if he can add the "Luxury II Package" (AHN) maybe then LMS would show up because its part of that package but I couldn't remember the sales code AHN at the time..So I'm still left wanting. :cry:
The funny thing is out of the 14 options in the "Luxury II Package" I have 10 of them and two of them that I dont have are for lights, auto AUTO HIGH BEAM HEADLAMP CONTROL (LMS) and AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP LEVELING SYSTEM (JKJ) The other two are things I don't care about (yet) CARGO COMPARTMENT COVER (CSC) and VENTILATED FRONT SEATS (CAJ) ....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Out of three dealers it seemed only one understood what I wanted to do. I asked a service tech if he can log into dealer connect and add the sales code LMS to my vin. He needed the last 8 of my vin. He started naming things that were on my vin that can be added but none were LMS. I wasnt there looking over his shoulder but I believe it wasn't there...I was thinking if he can add the "Luxury II Package" (AHN) maybe then LMS would show up because its part of that package but I couldn't remember the sales code AHN at the time..So I'm still left wanting. :cry:
The funny thing is out of the 14 options in the "Luxury II Package" I have 10 of them and two of them that I dont have are for lights, auto AUTO HIGH BEAM HEADLAMP CONTROL (LMS) and AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP LEVELING SYSTEM (JKJ) The other two are things I don't care about (yet) CARGO COMPARTMENT COVER (CSC) and VENTILATED FRONT SEATS (CAJ) ....
Chazz Alfaobd can enable this option in there programing

Jason

81 - 92 of 92 Posts