Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,021 Posts
If you mean they are not bright enough, they will never be like headlights, they are designed as fog lights, not intended to put the light way down the road, intended to be more of a low flood light. If you ever saw an old true sealed beam fog light it had a very sharp cutoff so that no light was directed upward and a very wide pattern. I had our shop install rear deck warning lights years ago and they used fog light sealed bulbs, they were terrible, you had to be laying on the pavement to see much light from them at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'maware they aren't headlights but fog lights do function by illuminating the roadway in heavy fog and rain.

·
Registered
A hard bargain.
259 Posts
I put some yellow Hella fog bulbs in instead. No point in trying to get good driving lights out of those things. It helps in fog...suspiciously enough lol.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,021 Posts
The whole point of fog lights is to put light down low and not illuminate the "upper fog". If you illuminate the upper fog it reflects back into your eyes and makes it harder to see instead of better. I would expect super bright fogs to have a similar effect of too much back-scattered light that just makes things worse instead of better. A lot of people, myself included, kinda of like the look with them on and most of the use of them isn't for fog at all. I did run into actual fog on one trip and the factory fogs seemed to work as intended and kept the illumination down low.

·
Registered
2014 WK Limited 4x4
6,785 Posts
Who makes your push bar and led? How is the cutoff on those lights (like if you're pointed at a wall)?
It’s a chief products bar and recovery hooks. Very heavy duty. They also have a midden winch and so much more. Check em out on justforjeeps.com.

The light bar is a 20” rigid industries combo light bar. Bright AF!!

The fogs are hids, so they work very well with the projector lenses. The cut off is right below the headlights, as intended. Love them! Got them from diode dynamics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts