Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past when I've leased from Ford/GM, they would be contacting me wtih about 3-4 months left on my lease to jump in to a new lease/buy and allow me to end my lease early (no fees). Does Chrysler do the same? I won't have any mileage, damage, wear issues at end of lease. Just curious how Chrysler usually handles it and if they advertise to get you in to a new vehicle.

·
Registered
818 Posts
My dealer contacted me 6 months before my lease on my 2016 Summit was up. 2 months later I traded it in for a new SRT. I leased the SRT to get a $6700 discount that was only available with a lease. 2 months later, I bought out the new lease for a whopping $195 fee.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer contacted me 6 months before my lease on my 2016 Summit was up. 2 months later I traded it in for a new SRT. I leased the SRT to get a $6700 discount that was only available with a lease. 2 months later, I bought out the new lease for a whopping $195 fee.
My plan was to go in about 4 months before lease end and start the discussions while the Jeep was in for regular service. Plant the seed. My issue is I'm not sure the 2021s will be off the line yet by the time my lease expires (End of April 2021). So if it looks like I'll be in the current generation for my next lease, I'll jump in to something new when a good deal pops up.

·
Super Moderator
8,323 Posts
Early lease out deals are most often something that the dealer facilitates, not FCA or the leasing company if it's third party. If the ACV of the ride is greater than the residual at that point in time, there's equity there that pays off the remainder of the lease funds due so the lease can be terminated early. It's technically a "buy out" since the vehicle goe to the dealer rather than back to the leasing company.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Always can happen, and depends on the bank, but is largely managed by the dealer. Payoff vs. remaining payments vs. trade value, there are multiple options.

6 months before end of a lease is the time to start looking, then 3-4 months, more options open up. Depends on the car, and the deal. Ask the dealer, and always check, by the 6 month mark to get an idea of what you want...then see when the best time to switch is, cost wise.

·
Super Moderator
8,323 Posts
depends on the bank, but is largely managed by the dealer. Payoff vs. remaining payments vs. trade value, there are multiple options.
The leasing company, bank or otherwise, doesn't care what happens as long as they get their expected payout for the calculated value at the end. They either want the vehicle (at or under mileage or with payment for extra mileage at rates in the lease) or the money for the residual. But this is generally managed by the dealer and they have the opportunity to, well...deal...on a new vehicle for the lessee if they want to and the numbers work. The dealer will never choose to lose money, however, so positive equity from ACV vs residual is going to come into play. Otherwise, they are going to roll existing remaining lease cost into their transaction and the lessee/buyer is going to be on the hook for it if they want to do the deal.

·
Registered
2018 GC HA
602 Posts
I used to sell for a GM dealership. I can remember every few months GM would come out with a lease pull ahead program. As long as you were within 6 months of the end of your lease and under the total allotted miles they would let you out of it. Obviously the other stipulation was that you leased another vehicle through them (at the time it was GMAC). This program was through the bank, not trading in to the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts