Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came from a 2014 GC that would read an incoming text message to me, then give me the option to reply with my own voice and say anything I wanted. It did require a Uconnect subscription.

The Trackhawk won't allow me to reply to text messages with my voice. It will only let me pick from a handful of pre-defined messages, which I don't want.

I'm 99% sure my Uconnect/XMGuardian thing is activated and setup correctly?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I came from a 2014 GC that would read an incoming text message to me, then give me the option to reply with my own voice and say anything I wanted. It did require a Uconnect subscription.

The Trackhawk won't allow me to reply to text messages with my voice. It will only let me pick from a handful of pre-defined messages, which I don't want.

No, sadly it does not have the text reply feature that were in previous Uconnect radios. I spoke to Uconnect and they said that this 2018 radio is made by Panasonic. Hopefully they are working on a fix. It's another feature decontent in my view from previous GC's. My dealer couldn't believe it until I showed him. To me it's the elimination of a safety feature that I had in 4 previous GC's.
Have you also noticed that the TH rear deck floor doesn't have the vertical aluminum runner strips like GC's from years past? My wife's GC Summitt has standard power folding mirrors not available in the SRT or TH. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
While I understand this legacy feature is missing, it certainly has been superseded with the use of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for most users. In fact, even without CarPlay you can perform voice to text transcription OR voice recording with the phone itself via bluetooth.

·
Registered
168 Posts
No, sadly it does not have the text reply feature that were in previous Uconnect radios. I spoke to Uconnect and they said that this 2018 radio is made by Panasonic. Hopefully they are working on a fix. It's another feature decontent in my view from previous GC's. My dealer couldn't believe it until I showed him. To me it's the elimination of a safety feature that I had in 4 previous GC's.
Have you also noticed that the TH rear deck floor doesn't have the vertical aluminum runner strips like GC's from years past? My wife's GC Summitt has standard power folding mirrors not available in the SRT or TH. Go figure.
I actually took the rear deck floor cover from my 2014 and swapped it out with the plain new one in the TH. The dealer didn't care and thought it was a good idea as I was trading the 2014 in. I would not have thought to do that had I not heard of another member that did the same thing.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
149 Posts

Any updates on this? I just noticed this as well. My 17 Viper with Uconnect can do this, but my 18 Trackhawk doesn't seem to be able to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts