Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On advantage of living in a small luxury condo building is that we have an indoor car wash bay. With hot and cold water. So I decided that while it was snowing outside yesterday I would wash and power wax the JGC. Chicago area winters are harsh on paint and I knew I'd have to at least use the buffer and a moderate pad on the hood to get the grit out. Love the 3M professional polishes and waxes and the quick release pads.

Anyway, I had the keys in my pocket as I started washing, with a combination of hot and cold water so the final temp was probably 75-80 degrees. Every time I ran the water spray over the front door handles, the car would lock the doors and flash the lights. I moved the keys from my pocket to a shelf about 20' away from the car and the water continued to try locking the doors every time I ran water over the handles. Turned the hot water off so it was just cold, and no triggering. Very odd behavior, never had it happen before! Anyone else ever experience this?

The good news is that after 3 hours the black metallic paint is glassy smooth and looks great. Then I had to go out in 3-4" of fresh snow and the Jeep looks like winter again but at least it's got a good protective coat of wax.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee 3.6 Limited.
47 Posts
Mine does the same thing, I'm surprised it still happened to you at 20' though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this happens on my '12 GC overland, I just take the fob out of my pocket when I wash / detail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts