Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to get a new Key Fob for my Grand Cherokee. I took it down and they programmed it, it showed programming was complete. However, when you push lock , unlock or panic it does not work. We tried 3 different key fobs and still no response. Any idea what the issue may be. Batteries in the Key Fobs were all good. I just really hate to have to leave the Jeep there and pay for them to try and locate the issue.

·
Registered
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
334 Posts
Are you at the dealership, or are you trying to get this programming done at an independent locksmith? When I bought my GC used, I only got one fob. I went to a local locksmith to get a duplicate, and no matter what he did, his system wouldn't program it. Like you, it showed programming complete, but nothing happened. I had to take the fob to my local dealer and they programmed it in about 20 minutes (luckily they had no issue with programming a fob that I didn't buy from them). The locksmith reduced his price on the fob to account for the fact that I had to pay the dealer more than he would have charged for the programming, which I really appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to a local key shop. I will go by Jeep and see what they say then. The key shop wanted me to leave the Jeep with them so they could check fuses, etc. but I did not feel comfortable with that.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I recently had to get a new Key Fob for my Grand Cherokee. I took it down and they programmed it, it showed programming was complete. However, when you push lock , unlock or panic it does not work. We tried 3 different key fobs and still no response. Any idea what the issue may be. Batteries in the Key Fobs were all good. I just really hate to have to leave the Jeep there and pay for them to try and locate the issue.
We're sorry to hear about this. If you need any assistance while working with your dealer to have this addressed, please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.