Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 GC started doing this a couple of days ago now it dosnt turn on at all at first it would turn on and flicker as if there was a short then it turned on and started doing this at times it says on and even connects to my phone and plays a song or two and again shuts off and tries to turn back on but starts to flicker
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle audio
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Font Technology
Light Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Gauge

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, ProCharged 5.7L Hemi
449 Posts
I would try this first:

How do you reset the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee?
  1. Ensure your vehicle is in park and in “Run” mode.
  2. Press and hold down the volume and tuner knob buttons at the same time.
  3. Hold down the knobs for 10 – 20 seconds.
  4. After holding down the knobs, the screen should flash your vehicle brand name and then go dark.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried this once it came on and it reset it still went off and also earlier today it didn’t turn on at all but I still made the attempt but no luck👎

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,644 Posts
Tried this once it came on and it reset it still went off and also earlier today it didn’t turn on at all but I still made the attempt but no luck👎
What happens if you push the screen off button? When it does this can you play the radio? If you are not sure push on the screen where the "button" for the radio would be if you could see it and try tuning to a station with the tuning knob, make sure you turn the volume up with the volume knob. I'm trying to tell if your problem is that the screen is what went bad or if it's the "whole radio" so to speak. What I see in your photos is similar to when I've had computer screens in laptops go bad even though the computer was otherwise OK. Sometimes things like that are as simple as reseating the cable between the motherboard and display.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What happens if you push the screen off button? When it does this can you play the radio? If you are not sure push on the screen where the "button" for the radio would be if you could see it and try tuning to a station with the tuning knob, make sure you turn the volume up with the volume knob. I'm trying to tell if your problem is that the screen is what went bad or if it's the "whole radio" so to speak. What I see in your photos is similar to when I've had computer screens in laptops go bad even though the computer was otherwise OK. Sometimes things like that are as simple as reseating the cable between the motherboard and display.
I tried but no go it’s completely off it came on all day yesterday till night time it started acting up again and today it didn’t turn on at all👎

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,644 Posts
I tried but no go it’s completely off it came on all day yesterday till night time it started acting up again and today it didn’t turn on at all👎
These are fairly easy to remove from the instructions people have posted. I think it's just pull off the front surround plastic stuff and then four screws and pull the unit out. If it was mine I would pull it out and check to make sure all the connections on the back were well seated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts