·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yup... I wonder how much work it would take to make them pass emissions??

I Had MP/Thorley headers on the 1994 Dakota with the 5.2/auto/3.55 gears. Added the M1 intake and MP computer for a fun little truck.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Busted a couple holes in my fed spec wj y pipe wheeling and the exhaust hanger ripped off and left another hole so, these were just ordered !! Just wondering if anyone else is running them ?

http://www.coloradospeed.com/headers-connection-pipes-c-1785_3474_3491/doug-thorley-421-long-tube-headers-158-19992004-grand-cherokee-47l-p-39536.html

·
Registered
337 Posts
I wonder how the emissions work without the upper mini cats, would a cell be triggered?

How much work to install these?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently installed these on my Grand when I replaced the motor. They are a tight fit but do not rub anywhere. I had to modify the Y pipe to fit my application as I already installed the PML deep pan for the trans. I used a plennishing hammer bit in an air chisel and massaged the pipe to clear the pan. Right where the Y pipe bends around the front right corner of the pan, I had to dent in a 1/2" x 2" section. It worked out fine. The 02's bolted in without having to lengthen the wires, I had to reroute them so the wires didn't touch anywhere and reached where they needed to go. Scanned it, cleared the codes and have had no issues yet. Got about 125 miles on new motor since swap, runs great, sounds wicked. Also swapped in the '08 intake and am awaiting the 70mm throttle body from F&B. Very happy with the headers, they appear to be excellent quality, the fit and finish is superb, kit comes with nice gaskets and stainless hardware. All in all a good upgrade, in my opionion, despite the cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I recently installed these on my Grand when I replaced the motor. They are a tight fit but do not rub anywhere. I had to modify the Y pipe to fit my application as I already installed the PML deep pan for the trans. I used a plennishing hammer bit in an air chisel and massaged the pipe to clear the pan. Right where the Y pipe bends around the front right corner of the pan, I had to dent in a 1/2" x 2" section. It worked out fine. The 02's bolted in without having to lengthen the wires, I had to reroute them so the wires didn't touch anywhere and reached where they needed to go. Scanned it, cleared the codes and have had no issues yet. Got about 125 miles on new motor since swap, runs great, sounds wicked. Also swapped in the '08 intake and am awaiting the 70mm throttle body from F&B. Very happy with the headers, they appear to be excellent quality, the fit and finish is superb, kit comes with nice gaskets and stainless hardware. All in all a good upgrade, in my opionion, despite the cost.
The o8 intake manifold a worth while upgrade by its self?

You can run 99 cobra injectors for more stability

·
Registered
3 Posts
The '08 intake swap seems to provide more throttle response but some of that may be the new motor, I don't know. It feels like it wants to wind right out without an issue, I have not taken it over 3500rpm, still breaking it in. I saw a set of those injectors recently, I think I might do them when the throttle body comes in. The forums I've read seem to all say the 24lb cobra injectors at the elevated HO fuel pressure, will flow slightly more and work well in conjunction with the intake, headers, throttle body, etc. i think i'll be done after that. Then I can start saving for IRO Rock Sliders!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, been scouring the net looking for parts and upgrades for my 04 Limited. Seems there's not a whole lot out there for our 4.7l. I was recently wondering why there seemed to be no performance mods for these engines, and today I find this forum, join, and find this thread. Fantastic. Already added these to my list. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Wow, been scouring the net looking for parts and upgrades for my 04 Limited. Seems there's not a whole lot out there for our 4.7l. I was recently wondering why there seemed to be no performance mods for these engines, and today I find this forum, join, and find this thread. Fantastic. Already added these to my list. Thanks.
We are severely limited unless you go full out custom

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still wanting these in the worst possible way.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I lack the skills, tools, and time to fab them myself... and the expendable cash to buy them unless I could figure out how to make them a business expense.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
How much extra h.p. and torque are you getting

1 - 19 of 19 Posts