Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
You need to use 7zip or winzip to unzip the file, Windows says it's invalid.
Dang it, I’ve tried winzip and also tried to remove the comma. Not sure why it’s still not working for me. I’ve never had an issue since 2013 doing these.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Yep, here's what I did to extract. Ensure 7zip is up to date -- latest is 19.00. Remove the stupid comma in the archive file name (who does this, WTF? kinda been a rule since last century).

Extract with 7zip or open as a .7z archive with 7zip and extract, (7zip opens it successfully as a .7z archive, because the archive is invalid as a .zip.)

Verify extracted file sizes are larger than zero and the swdl.upd file is about 1.4 GB or so.

I haven't tried to install this update on the Jeep, yet. In the morning for that fun.

PS. Avoid jZip, it'll give your PC cancer.
I think this worked for me!! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Yep, here's what I did to extract. Ensure 7zip is up to date -- latest is 19.00. Remove the stupid comma in the archive file name (who does this, WTF? kinda been a rule since last century).

Extract with 7zip or open as a .7z archive with 7zip and extract, (7zip opens it successfully as a .7z archive, because the archive is invalid as a .zip.)

Verify extracted file sizes are larger than zero and the swdl.upd file is about 1.4 GB or so.

I haven't tried to install this update on the Jeep, yet. In the morning for that fun.

Yep this worked! I appreciate the help. Took 27min once inside the car

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,020 Posts

Go to the driveuconnect software update page and check your VIN again. My page changed overnight and now shows v18.45.01 as an available update, which I downloaded and installed successfully. I never received the OTA update prompt in my 2016 GC even after receiving an email 10/1 stating that my VIN required an update to address the 11/3 GPS issue. I contacted uConnect 4 times for help and was told I had to wait until it was broadcast to my vehicle, that they couldn't force my update and that the entire process was being controlled by FCA Corporate engineering. I spent 2hrs at my Jeep dealer on Monday and they couldn't help either, the dealers don't even know what is going on with these updates. Luckily I was able to update my Jeep, but with only 4 days remaining before my GPS would have stopped working, they are cutting it way too close. This entire process is a huge black eye for FCA/uConnect.
I just checked again and it is still saying that the 17.43.01 I have installed is the latest update.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts

·
Registered
LS376/480 GTO
258 Posts
Same here.
Guys, I was able to download the update, for my early MY14. I’m currently uploading the 18.45.01 zip file to the SOX shared drive, and will ask SOX to put it within the Uconnect8.4/2013-2016/RA3-RA4 sub-dir for download. Keep an eye on the site...

Edit: Upload complete, files now available in the Upload dir. Pretty sure SOX is in Italy, so he may relocate the files overnight.

www.mydrive.ch
user: [email protected]
pass: gasolio

However, could this be another update where the earliest JGC MY14s actually needed a different Ram MY13 update? Hopefully not, especially considering it calls out MY13-17.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there any way to download the individual files? I can't unzip using windows and right now I can't download 7zip or winzip on my work computer to do it.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
However, could this be another update where the earliest JGC MY14s actually needed a different Ram MY13 update? Hopefully not, especially considering it calls out MY13-17.
I may be wrong, but I believe at some point the software updates merged for the early and later build MY14 JGC. That's probably why the update says MY 13 to 17. If anyone uses this update on an early build MY14, please let us know how it works out. From previous experiences, if an update is wrong, the radio just refuses to do the update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,

I have been following this discussion since yesterday when I made my first attempt to download the update. I had the same problems mentioned above.

I just finished successfully doing the update. Here is what I did, as best as I can remember:

1. I downloaded the zip file from the web site into my USB E drive.
2. I opened Windows File Explorer to This PC. That shows all my drives including the E Drive with the download.
3. I opened the E Drive with a double click and saw the zip folder.
4. I right clicked the zip folder and on the drop down list clicked 7zip (which I had downloaded after reading this discussion).
5. In the 7zip box I chose "extract here"
6. When the extraction was complete I safely ejected the USB.
7. Took the USB and several offerings to the Great Computer god....started the Jeep, let the apps all get up and running, went to system information.... said more prayers to the Great Computer god,
plugged in the USB and VIOLA she ran like a charm.....it takes almost a full 25 minutes to complete so make sure you are in a well ventilated area.

I thank all the above posters for your help and hope this completes the deal.

Amen ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Thanks, LTF! Glad to hear it ran ok on your '17. I'll try running it on my early model '14 after the weekend. I'm traveling over the weekend, so I don't want to booger anything up before I leave.

For those not able to download the file from the DriveUconnect website, it is now available on sox's cloud account.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,020 Posts
Thanks, LTF! Glad to hear it ran ok on your '17. I'll try running it on my early model '14 after the weekend. I'm traveling over the weekend, so I don't want to booger anything up before I leave.

For those not able to download the file from the DriveUconnect website, it is now available on sox's cloud account listed as "upload".
Can you post the URL for Sox' cloud account. I seem to have lost it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I did almost like LTF today.
1. downloaded it to computer and put in a folder on desktop.
2. unzipped it with WinRAR to the USB drive.
3. put it in the running Jeep and watched it load, took about 25 minutes.
4. did the open and close door thing per instructions from Uconnect site.
5. all presets and phone coupling stayed intact.
6. piece of cake :)

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,020 Posts
I did almost like LTF today.
1. downloaded it to computer and put in a folder on desktop.
2. unzipped it with WinRAR to the USB drive.
3. put it in the running Jeep and watched it load, took about 25 minutes.
4. did the open and close door thing per instructions from Uconnect site.
5. all presets and phone coupling stayed intact.
6. piece of cake :)
What MY is your GC? Mine is an early 14 and there has been some discussion as to whether it works on that. The file name seems to indicate that it would, but I'm on my third radio now and don't want to go for four.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What MY is your GC? Mine is an early 14 and there has been some discussion as to whether it works on that. The file name seems to indicate that it would, but I'm on my third radio now and don't want to go for four.
MY June '14 once you put your VIN in they show what update is needed. Some with older software have to go to the dealer.

·
Italien MOPAR Guy :-)
Jeep GC HEMI / 300C
2,211 Posts
Guys, I was able to download the update, for my early MY14. I’m currently uploading the 18.45.01 zip file to the SOX shared drive, and will ask SOX to put it within the Uconnect8.4/2013-2016/RA3-RA4 sub-dir for download. Keep an eye on the site...

Edit: Upload complete, files now available in the Upload dir. Pretty sure SOX is in Italy, so he may relocate the files overnight.
sox are a italien guy but i life in Basel switzerland :))

the update are in the RA3-RA4 Folder

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,020 Posts
MY June '14 once you put your VIN in they show what update is needed. Some with older software have to go to the dealer.
I wish. My May 2014 is running 17.43.01, but when I enter the VIN, it still shows that there is no update.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,020 Posts
I installed the update tonight following the same procedure as mentioned above. It took a bit longer than the previous updates because of the extended validation times, but I don't mind validating that everything is good. Didn't lose any presets or settings.

I thought I would finally receive an OTA, but I guess I'll have to wait for the next update to maybe get one.

Thanks to everyone who contributed on this mess.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts